Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yet another Amex food complaint

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Let's transport ourselves back to the good old days of The Goldstone where, at half time, you could buy.......errrr (consults detailed historical records)......that's it! f*** all!
Not true. You could buy tea, coffee and Bovril. Not that the liquids which arrived following your order resembled those drinks in any way, but you could at least buy them.

Also they were scalding hot.

I want to go to there! :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do you have a link to the footyscran post?

From what I can see, Chicken George Jnr is a couple of restaurants in Bedfordshire (nowhere near Stoke) and that burger to takeaway would be £10.

Edit: found it:

It's an external food van at St Alban's City (average attendance 1,400), not Stoke City (average attendance 22,000).

thought so. i've noticed on footy scran the good stuff is usually outside vans, or if in the ground lower league where they probably have a van onsite. regular concources tend to be just as crap as Falmer fare. except the pies of course.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Not true. You could buy tea, coffee and Bovril. Not that the liquids which arrived following your order resembled those drinks in any way, but you could at least buy them.

I remember asking for a bovril but then, looked at what I had been given which looked like a tea so added milk. It was only when I got to the end of the scalding hot beverage I realised it was a bovril after all as there was trace of the brown sludge at the bottom of the cup!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
One of the problems of the lovely Amex is all the immediate adjacent land is owned by the club which means there’s sod all food vans/stalls. Pretty much any other ground has dozens of vans/stalls in the surrounding areas offering all sorts of food. Think Sodexo’s offerings are generally pretty dire but if I’m starving I’ll maybe have a Piglet's pie or sausage roll. Other than usually avoid eating at the Amex whenever possible.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The "Footyscran" social media feed was originally a great idea. Now it's just a horrible place where clubs go for better PR on their food offering, with perfect photo's of a product seldom seen in an actual stadium. Sadly our club has got in on the act and keeps sharing great photo's of mythical products.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tea + coffee + Bovril = FA

One of the most fundamental laws of catering physics.

(I do like a plastic-cup Bovril, made with granules, to be fair. Late night at Brighton Station in the 70s, that was pure salty nectar.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's transport ourselves back to the good old days of The Goldstone where, at half time, you could buy.......errrr (consults detailed historical records)......that's it! f*** all!

I buy a steak and ale pie at half time quite regularly now, depending on KO time and whim. Absolutely fine.

If I wanted to go out for a nice lunch, I'd want an hour in a nice room with table service.

But I'm at....the f***ing.....football. Innit.

FFS.
You could buy crisps, wagon wheels and chips.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Does anyone know how many Vegan Kitkats we are from the return of normal chocolate bars?
Stop moaning. The club sells very small, very expensive, milk chocolate Yorkies if you don't want a very old, very cardboard KitKat. The Sodexo staff member even said only Vegan Kitkats is a mistake. Damn right it is, but not one they'll be putting right soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The irony is that the food at the ground was supposed to be so good, but it was so poor elsewhere in the town.
Faversham is quite nice.

Nearby Sittingbourne is less nice.

But that isn't ironic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The irony of that burger allegedly ( but actually not ) being sold at Stoke City is that there was no where, absolutely no where, within half a mile of Stoke station after the game to buy any ready to eat food unless it came from a petrol station.
Could buy a cracking oatcake from the canal boat on the walk back to the train station last time we played there.

By "cracking", I mean "so good it's addictive like crack". I'd like us to get drawn there again in a cup just so I have an excuse to go back and have another one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
View attachment 190234

From footy scran, this is stoke city - if they can produce this why do we get actual slop?

It makes no sense from a commercial point of view, also I’m gonna stop eating at the stadium
I think
Really? l think they should be renamed Cholesterol City, not Stoke City . Am l alone in thinking that overall our food offerings are pretty good? At the end of the day it's all fast food, and cooked for the masses, so it's hardly likely to be haute cuisine. What we serve up certainly isn't slop.

Piglets pies are really excellent in my opinion . . . chips being more widely available would be no bad thing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here