Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Let's transport ourselves back to the good old days of The Goldstone where, at half time, you could buy.......errrr (consults detailed historical records)......that's it! f*** all!

I buy a steak and ale pie at half time quite regularly now, depending on KO time and whim. Absolutely fine.

If I wanted to go out for a nice lunch, I'd want an hour in a nice room with table service.

But I'm at....the f***ing.....football. Innit.

FFS.
Point taken, but let me ask you this;

If the food was amazing, like in the picture, would people be more likely to eat at the ground, probably buying a drink too, than serving prison food?

I personally never eat at the ground because the food is so poor, but I’ll happily eat at say Lewes where a little care goes into the offerings.

For a club that talks so much about fans as customers, the match day experience, encouraging women and children out for the overall experience etc, our food is desperately poor.

Have a look at Twitter’s @footyscran account to see what other clubs - including bigger clubs than us with more people to cater for - are offering.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
WTF is that?
A genetically modified antibiotics filled organism produced in a dirty environment.

I do eat some meat but I the chicken industry... nothing about morals, but I just can't understand why anyone would want to eat a mix of beaks and eyes and artificial meet produced in places that makes my old bathroom in Gothenburg look like a romantic Italian restaurant.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Let's transport ourselves back to the good old days of The Goldstone where, at half time, you could buy.......errrr (consults detailed historical records)......that's it! f*** all!

I buy a steak and ale pie at half time quite regularly now, depending on KO time and whim. Absolutely fine.

If I wanted to go out for a nice lunch, I'd want an hour in a nice room with table service.

But I'm at....the f***ing.....football. Innit.

FFS.
Oh contrarie, Harry. The old couple that served from the back of the south, who incidentally were both about 5ft tall, which was necessary as the headroom was low, sold homemade pies and sausages rolls. Also tea from a huge teapot.

schmunk

VAR is a net positive
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
View attachment 190234

From footy scran, this is stoke city - if they can produce this why do we get actual slop?

It makes no sense from a commercial point of view, also I’m gonna stop eating at the stadium
I think
Do you have a link to the footyscran post?

From what I can see, Chicken George Jnr is a couple of restaurants in Bedfordshire (nowhere near Stoke) and that burger to takeaway would be £10.

Edit: found it:

It's an external food van at St Alban's City (average attendance 1,400), not Stoke City (average attendance 22,000).

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Point taken, but let me ask you this;

If the food was amazing, like in the picture, would people be more likely to eat at the ground, probably buying a drink too, than serving prison food?

I personally never eat at the ground because the food is so poor, but I’ll happily eat at say Lewes where a little care goes into the offerings.

For a club that talks so much about fans as customers, the match day experience, encouraging women and children out for the overall experience etc, our food is desperately poor.

Have a look at Twitter’s @footyscran account to see what other clubs - including bigger clubs than us with more people to cater for - are offering.
If I could have a table somewhere at the ground, without the need to queue, with a nice menu choice (just three mains options would suffice) I'd be there 2 hours before KO.

But anyone who thinks they can eat a 'meal' at half time in a crowded football stadium is deluded. A fast food snack prepared in advance is the best one can hope for.

Personally I'd like grilled bacon (nitrate free - Macknade in Faversham cures its own) sarny on a sourdough roll, with Heinz tomato sauce. But fried bacon in white bread would just about pass muster. Maybe. And unless every other bugger wants the same thing, that old choice thing throws in a spanner. To prep food to anticipate need, keep it hot and not go dry and shite requites a very limited menu, with everyone eating small variations on a single theme.

We would need to double the floorspace and outlet service to bring in any variety, and there would be a massive load of waste (unsold food).

This is an impossible scenario. To accommodate losses due to waste the prices would rocket even higher than they are.

As for footyscran, talk about cherry picking:

Small, bespoke, not catering for 31,000 in the queue. Probably here today gone tomorrow as the unfeasibility kicks in. One hit wonder catering, soon gone and never to be seen again. Or something utterly local, like the Greek one below. What item could the Albion sell that would be a 'go to' for everyone? The English are prepared to have a fight over red sauce versus brown sauce (and unless it is Heinz I'd prefer Mayo, and only if it is Helman's) :wink:

1728812221785.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh contrarie, Harry. The old couple that served from the back of the south, who incidentally were both about 5ft tall, which was necessary as the headroom was low, sold homemade pies and sausages rolls. Also tea from a huge teapot.
I didn't know that.

It would have been far too expensive for me to consider back in the day.

Sounds like slow food for the cognoscenti to me. Am I right?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yet another Amex food complaint THREAD :lol:

#419 👍🤣

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You. Could. Buy. A. Waggon Wheel.

So there.
Only if you'd forgotten to take your own at half the price. Crisps were out of date and the pies were the 22p Sainsbury's efforts with a tea spoon of mince in them.

Folk are at football for three or four hours. I'd simply say eat a dinner before you go. No half time scramble and no insulting fare. I did used to like the Piglets pies though. I assume they must cost a small loan by now

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024

From what I can see, Chicken George Jnr is a couple of restaurants in Bedfordshire (nowhere near Stoke) and that burger to takeaway would be £10.

It's an external food van at St Alban's City (average attendance 1,400), not Stoke City (average attendance 22,000).

So is it a burger van outside St Albans or an official Stoke City concession?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I didn't know that.

It would have been far too expensive for me to consider back in the day.

Sounds like slow food for the cognoscenti to me. Am I right?
Probably and may have had a hand in the great insurance fire of the south.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably and may have had a hand in the great insurance fire of the south.
Is that when, apparently, 2,000 experimental caviar baps went up in smoke? All receipts list in the inferno.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
A genetically modified antibiotics filled organism produced in a dirty environment.

I do eat some meat but I the chicken industry... nothing about morals, but I just can't understand why anyone would want to eat a mix of beaks and eyes and artificial meet produced in places that makes my old bathroom in Gothenburg look like a romantic Italian restaurant.

The answer is Organic and the difference is best illustrated by the massive price difference. Rearing chicken humanely without being drip fed antibiotics is extremely expensive. Either buy organic or don’t eat chicken would be my advice - from a welfare and health perspective.
Unfair to those who can’t afford organic of course

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Folk should try Whitehawk for the Hawk Burger. £8 and you won't need to eat for a week.

Although you may not have to eat again if you have cardiovascular issues

Attachments

• 1728815200516.jpg
    1728815200516.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 61

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Folk should try Whitehawk for the Hawk Burger. £8 and you won't need to eat for a week.

I can see what you mean !

1728815325325.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And you don't have to queue to get the burger.

Because there is nobody there!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Sorry I saw it on Facebook and someone changed the name 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here