Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." about Diouf?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I went on the Costa coach once, when I was about 17, to an away game at Bradford. We lost, and the entire experience put me off for life.

The only other time was on a non-Costa coach to Cardiff for the play off final. We had a driver who operated a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it came to alcohol. Which was nice.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know it's a whole different subject but I love beer and I love whisky but I don't need to drink them all the time, or at every game. Some games I'll have a few beers and at others I'll have none at all. In my humble opinion anyone that can't do without it now and again should seek help.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They do have a Facebook page.

Christ I am just reading it now. Useful because I could do with an afternoon nap.

Six things posted on there in the whole season. Total waste of time.

April 24th - a shared post trying to support Slough Town's efforts to get a new ground
March 20th - sharing a link of Sky Sports goals v Palace
February 7th someone's attempt to paint the AMEX.
January 29th - another painting of the AMEX
September 1st - "Four new signings on transfer deadline day, Orlandi, Dobbie, Lopez and Hammond. Exciting times ahead this season."
August 11th - "If you didn't make the AGM, it's still not too late to join the Supporter's club. It's just £5 a year and it's worth that just for the 12 newsletters sent out by email or post monthly. If you use the Supporter's coach you also get a £1 discount on each trip."

I bet it will get more following it just by putting it on here!

Here you go, fill your boots. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-Supporters-Club/111591292197813?fref=ts

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ I am just reading it now. Useful because I could do with an afternoon nap.

Six things posted on there in the whole season. Total waste of time.

April 24th - a shared post trying to support Slough Town's efforts to get a new ground
March 20th - sharing a link of Sky Sports goals v Palace
February 7th someone's attempt to paint the AMEX.
January 29th - another painting of the AMEX
September 1st - "Four new signings on transfer deadline day, Orlandi, Dobbie, Lopez and Hammond. Exciting times ahead this season."
August 11th - "If you didn't make the AGM, it's still not too late to join the Supporter's club. It's just £5 a year and it's worth that just for the 12 newsletters sent out by email or post monthly. If you use the Supporter's coach you also get a £1 discount on each trip."

I bet it will get more following it just by putting it on here!

Here you go, fill your boots. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-Supporters-Club/111591292197813?fref=ts

Maybe reflects the age of the members though? Facebook isn't quite so big amongst the over 60s, is it?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Why do gay people always feel the need to tell everybody?

I might start all my post off with "I am straight and....."

I assume it was relevant to the thread though if the abuse is considered to be homophobic.
Isn't it interesting to hear if a gay person is offended as opposed to people being offended on their behalf?
Stating that he is gay validates his opinion, IMO

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So people think it should have more young people in it but won't join because there too many old people in it. Is that right?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The part where I asked you if you can't enjoy yourself without alcohol.
Nice swerve of the question , anyway in answer to yours whether I can enjoy myself without alcohol , of course I can in many scenarios , but having a few beers is an integral part of football for me, I probably wouldn't go anymore if you were breathalysed before entering the ground.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has Liz Costa ever claimed to be the official voice of the Albion fans in any case? Surely it's simply the case that the Argus go to her as a fairly visible figure, who represents an official supporters' organisation. That's all. Blame the lazy Argus if anything.

For what it's worth, I think her comments in today's paper are beyond hilarious, and I would genuinely have loved to hear her scream for a policeman. That said, I also think there's no need for people to have a dig at her personally. As someone said, she's just another thread in the rich tapestry of Albion fans. She's as much of a fan of this club as anyone on here and, I believe, attends every game, home and away. Everyone has their own style of going about things, and it'd be fairly boring if we were all the same. She and her bus buddies have as much right to express their opinion and love for the Albion as we all do.

She's an Albion fan= she's alright by me :thumbsup:

Spot on.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I may be missing something here but what is wrong with the supporters club only having a few hundred members?

If their main purpose is to run coaches for people who need help getting to games etc, surely the only important thing is that those supporters who need help have access to the club, which they do.

Some people need help getting to games. Liz et al do their best to provide it. What else REALLY matters?

People need to chill out or offer to help.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
to be honest, a few hundred members out of almost 30,000 is pretty poor showing....they're clearly not doing enough
I'd have to agree that on those figures, the official supporters club is dying on it's arse. But are the old guard doing it because nobody else is prepared to take it off their hands, or do they simply enjoy the position of responsibility/power?

It probably does need some new blood, technically savvy, and prepared to cater for a much wider cross section of our support.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I used to belong to the Supporters Club, being distant I felt it kept me in touch - before the Internet. They never used to remind me to re subscribe so it lapsed.

What you say about the coaches makes them sound really good. Better than being surrounded by semi pickled adolescents ....:drink:.

The sending off, lets not forget, was the decision of the match officials . Whatever we fans thought, offended or not, we did not make the decision. If those are the rules then I guess he broke them. NB From what I have gathered I would not have been unduly offended either.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I may be missing something here but what is wrong with the supporters club only having a few hundred members?

If their main purpose is to run coaches for people who need help getting to games etc, surely the only important thing is that those supporters who need help have access to the club, which they do.

Some people need help getting to games. Liz et al do their best to provide it. What else REALLY matters?

People need to chill out or offer to help.

I believe the issue is that if the supporters club has so few members compared to the number of fans going each week, are they really representing the fanbase? So when LC is in the news talking about a controversial issue as the 'voice of the fans' when it seems most people disagree it riles them up

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only other time was on a non-Costa coach to Cardiff for the play off final. We had a driver who operated a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it came to alcohol. Which was nice.
You GIRLS :)

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..."...

Did u mean the Austin sending off looked harsh (I thought so)

Just watching the highlights, it was either an elbow or head but, had no other option but red, don't see how it can be appealed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I believe the issue is that if the supporters club has so few members compared to the number of fans going each week, are they really representing the fanbase? So when LC is in the news talking about a controversial issue as the 'voice of the fans' when it seems most people disagree it riles them up

I understand that, I just can't understand WHY anyone would get riled up about it. Also, I don't think anyone can blaim The Argus for ringing up the heads of the few supporters clubs we have for a comment about Albion fan related things.

Of course not everyone will agree with what they say. But not worth getting upset about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I might also point out that the Argus regularly misquote Liz especially about the 50% gay ratio. Personally I wish she would decline interviews because they misquote her so regularly.

there was no misquoting regarding the 50% gay ratio.it came out of her own mouth on a radio interview for all to hear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here