Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wayne Bridge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He looks well rough in that photo. It’s going to take more than a weave to sort him out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should have spent the money removing the crayon drawings from his arms if he wants to grow old gracefully
Having tattoos is apparently acceptable whereas improving your scalp isn’t.

Maybe he should have rabbits tattooed all over his head, to look like hares!

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He looks well rough in that photo. It’s going to take more than a weave to sort him out.
I was going to post that he was born in Winchester, so what do you expect….. which was meant to be oxymoronic.
but having checked on Wikipedia, he was born in Southampton, so that explains it! Moved to Winchester at an early age.
loved him as a player for us, but yes, he does look rough, seedy even.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apropos of nothing, I own a pair of Wayne Bridge’s Albion shorts.

Did you get them from a pikey near Cobham.
Back in the early Amex era, they did those ‘concourse sales’ where they sold off all the surplus kit - including numbered players’ training kit.

I have Bridge’s (28) black shorts, and a waterproof blue training top of Gary Dicker’s (16). I still wear Dicker’s top now for 5 a side, when it’s wet.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Back in the early Amex era, they did those ‘concourse sales’ where they sold off all the surplus kit - including numbered players’ training kit.

I have Bridge’s (28) black shorts, and a waterproof blue training top of Gary Dicker’s (16). I still wear Dicker’s top now for 5 a side, when it’s wet.
That's an excellent story 👏
I was being facetious pointing towards John Terry 🙄

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he joins us for a second year maybe he doesn't get that injury.
A player joins the Albion and DOESNT get an injury? Which planet do you live on exactly?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've no idea about Wayne's relationship with the clinic, but there are multiple examples of celebrities having the procedure done whilst also promoting the clinic involved.
with that photo?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Getting a combover is bravery and confidence. Thats my kind of dudes.

Hair transplant is basically cheating. Pay to win. Abusing the system. Kneeling to societal norms of how to look and how much you should give a f*** about what people think about you.

As a primitivist cyberhobo, hair transplants and lip fillings and other kind of cosmetic nonsense (unless you've got some sort of chainsaw injury or something) just goes against everything I stand for. WHY is it brave by someone to not accept themselves for who they are and what they look like?
I wholeheartedly agree. It's not as if there were no natural alternatives available to Wayne to deal with the issue, as another Chelsea player of yesteryear, John Dempsey, ably demonstrates.....

IMG_20241008_093815.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he had work done on his eyes?

He'd be better advised redirecting the money spent on cosmetic intervention towards psychiatric.

He's in danger of becoming the Pete Burns of football.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014

I have a Kuszczak unworn match shirt from the same type of sale! But really wanted to chime in because Dicker wore 18 and Ankergren was 16 around that time so I assume that was a typo rather than mistaken identity.

I'm also confident I could name at least 10 Luton players from last season without looking it up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It isn't anything about confidence, since it's become completely acceptable with the "football community" to have your hair sorted expensively.

I've no idea about Wayne's relationship with the clinic, but there are multiple examples of celebrities having the procedure done whilst also promoting the clinic involved.

It worries me that using celebrities in such a manner puts pressure on individuals without the financial means to do the "accepted/expected" thing.

Wealthy individuals should very very hard about promoting a cosmetic procedure that is beyond the means of most.
Yep, it's essentially an advertising feature, which means that WB might not have paid anything for what he had done!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The old ‘thinning on top’ thing seems to be rampant amongst ex-Albion defenders. Martin Keown presented the trophies at a tournament my lad played in the other month, and I couldn’t help but notice his need for a Harley Street weave…

IMG_1426.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here