Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Use this thread to slag Southgate off before and after the match tonight

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Really couldn't give a toss - I won't be watching tonight and won't be watching a minute of the World Cup.

This.

It won't go on at home and I won't be going out in order to watch it, but that has very little to do with Southgate and everything to do with it being an abomination of an idea to hold it in Qatar. Even putting aside the corruption behind them 'winning' the tournament bid and the human rights record of the Qataris AND the loss of lives building the stadia....
IT'S JUST A F*** ING STUPID IDEA TO PUT IT ON IN A REALLY HOT COUNTRY, IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER, WITH NO FOOTBALL CULTURE, NOTHING FOR ATTENDING FANS TO DO AND £10-15 PER PINT (if you can get one)

As a right-minded person, I cannot put aside the aforementioned issues anyway.

This world cup can go f*** itself.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But you'll spend many minutes telling us this, I'm sure, over the coming weeks and months? (yes, I'm probably being whooshed)

How are you being whooshed ? I have absolutely no intention of watching any world cup match - England or not - not even highlights. I think this is only the second time I've mentioned it. You enjoy your corrupt world cup though.

[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] - you'd be correct if I watched the news but I don't - I read the news ( not like Huw Edwards & co though ) so I just won't click on any articles to do with the wolrd cup

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
How are you being whooshed ? I have absolutely no intention of watching any world cup match - England or not - not even highlights. I think this is only the second time I've mentioned it. You enjoy your corrupt world cup though.

[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] - you'd be correct if I watched the news but I don't - I read the news ( not like Huw Edwards & co though ) so I just won't click on any articles to do with the wolrd cup

No offense meant, after typing I edited my post thinking maybe you were being sarcastic!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has wasted the best chance we’ve had of winning a trophy…… twice.

Now playing better teams consistently found out.

Useless - time to go.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Southgate is a 'yes man suit', a model for the perfect England manager.

His ability, what the hell does that matter?

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Useless - time to go.

It was time for him to go after the World Cup semi final when he played an injured Kane, and reacted far too late, utterly inept.
We then blew a great chance against italy with practically the same stubborn refusal to change when it was clear to everyone what was happening.

The blokes a fraud and fake.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lose tonight and the boos will rightly ring out around Wembley.

He may be liked by the players by sticking up for them, but does anyone seriously believe that they respect him as a tactician?

Great club managers like Clough and Ferguson weren't afraid to ruffle a few feathers and call players out when needed.

I don't believe Southgate has that side to him to call out mediocrity.

He'd rather be liked than feared.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Useless - time to go.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

The FA love his blandness and complete absence of controversy though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tempted to go for something more high octane and switch to University Challenge

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Hopefully they lose heavily tonight and the boos at the end will be enough to make him walk.

He came out today and said "I'm not foolish" - which I thougjt was quite funny, considering the squad he selected.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We. Lupe won dreny on the subdiecy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here