Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Use this thread to slag Southgate off before and after the match tonight

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Southgate is a Hughton type in the top tier, safety first despite having some superb attacking talent, didn’t Kane have zero touches in the box against Italy? Pathetic and boring they are one off games in a tournament not a 39 game league.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
and leave the matchday thread to Southgate and England fanboys to discuss the match with positivity!

Just a thought with the upcoming World Cup :wink:

There is or will be a matchday thread?

There's a match tonight?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
claude-aftv.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Southgate is a Hughton type in the top tier, safety first despite having some superb attacking talent, didn’t Kane have zero touches in the box against Italy? Pathetic and boring they are one off games in a tournament not a 39 game league.

When did Hughton have "superb attacking talent"?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'll admit to being a big England fan - and I want us to do well.

However, I've said since the semi v (an aging) Croatia that he should go - he's been a lucky manager, not a good one, tactically naïve and has zero ideas as now to change games - Friday evening was a classic example.

In the Euro final, he just sat back waiting for Italy to equalise.

He's wasting an incredibly talented bunch of players.

The FA should get rid, they won't - but I'd get Tuchel in just for the World Cup - a proven Cup/Tournament winner.

I've got more chance of a threesome with the Minogue sisters than England have of Winning the WC with Southgate in charge.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Been beyond lucky with the runs to the semis/final he has had. If you look at the early 00's England era where we had much better squads but didn't get close to winning anything and people say we under achieved - we actually went out to top, top quality sides. Losing to Brazil or losing to Germany in the quarter finals of tournaments happens. And we were damn competitive in some of those games. This England team under Southgate would have been DESTROYED by those teams.

I appreciate he is a good man manager and has done well to create a calming space around the squad which is undoubtedly a positive. But more than anything, it is sheer blind luck that has seen him do well in these tournaments, not his management ability. Time to get a better manager in because that luck wont continue for ever (and didn't win us anything anyway).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really couldn't give a toss - I won't be watching tonight and won't be watching a minute of the World Cup.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Nah, won't slag him off even if we lose again tonight. Frankly Mr Shankly, it's too late. We're stuck with Slothgate for the WC so we might aswell get behind him now for the better of the team and the nation. Besides, I'm tired of all the over opinionated morons on the internet and their childish abuse when things go sloppy at the back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really couldn't give a toss - I won't be watching tonight and won't be watching a minute of the World Cup.

Oh but you will!!!

Unless you won't watch any news programmes tonight, tomorrow and over the World Cup :lolol:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'll admit to being a big England fan - and I want us to do well.

However, I've said since the semi v (an aging) Croatia that he should go - he's been a lucky manager, not a good one, tactically naïve and has zero ideas as now to change games - Friday evening was a classic example.

In the Euro final, he just sat back waiting for Italy to equalise.

He's wasting an incredibly talented bunch of players.

The FA should get rid, they won't - but I'd get Tuchel in just for the World Cup - a proven Cup/Tournament winner.

I've got more chance of a threesome with the Minogue sisters than England have of Winning the WC with Southgate in charge.

Oh yes please, this! Just because it would be hilarious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, won't slag him off even if we lose again tonight. Frankly Mr Shankly, it's too late. We're stuck with Slothgate for the WC so we might aswell get behind him now for the better of the team and the nation. Besides, I'm tired of all the over opinionated morons on the internet and their childish abuse when things go sloppy at the back.

I had people like you in mind when I started this thread. I am an offender too, but you're right and it would be good not to turn the matchday thread into a binfest when (if) things go wrong tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here