Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to 120 Conservative MPs, Kemi Badenoch (42) or Robert Jenrick (41) is apparently the answer, rather than James Cleverly (37), although I am not exactly clear as to what the question was.
So, as I understand it, Cleverly won yesterday and the nearest to the centre (aka The Wet) was knocked out.

Today, The Wet's votes have been redistributed and many have gone to the two furthest right candidates, one of whom believes she became working class doing a shift in McDonald's.

This will now be put to a membership that (no offence @Titanic ) represents a very small minority of the country both numerically and culturally.

Is that correct?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So, as I understand it, Cleverly won yesterday and the nearest to the centre (aka The Wet) was knocked out.

Today, The Wet's votes have been redistributed and many have gone to the two furthest right candidates, one of whom believes she became working class doing a shift in McDonald's.

This will now be put to a membership that (no offence @Titanic ) represents a very small minority of the country both numerically and culturally.

Is that correct?
Even odder - Cleverly got FEWER votes today than he did yesterday. How does that happen?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

Is that correct?
At least this time the small minority isn't deciding who runs the country.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When Thatcher was elected Leader, I remember some fawning lickspittle reporter describing the Tory Party MPs as the ‘most sophisticated electorate in the World’.

Whatever happened?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not much to choose from, is there? Nutters to a man (and woman).

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's seems Dominic Cummings left his 4 dimensional chess set at Tory HQ when he left and the current Tory MPs are left to work out of its draughts or Jenga

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Even odder - Cleverly got FEWER votes today than he did yesterday. How does that happen?
Candidates offer supporters ‘jobs for the boys’ if they win. It’s the Tory way. Cleverly might not have used this method as competently the other two.

Now it’s to the membership. Polling shows Bad-Enoch is popular but this will be all about promising tax cuts to the wealthy. The Lettuce does not know much but was she does understand is that the Tory soul put’s itself and it’s money above everything, sometimes family. Get ready for the ‘battle of the tax cuts’.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Badenough wins will we see the Tories and Reform merge ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If Jenrick is the turd sandwich, I guess he'll be removing the olive in case it's too welcoming.
1728493786551.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Badenough wins will we see the Tories and Reform merge ?
Can you honestly see Reform voters backing a black leader?

She might speak the the language of hate and entitlement but in their racist eyes, she is part of a group of non-white Tory politicians (including Sunak, Patel and Braverman) who have made sure that under the cover of three word slogans such as Get-Brexit-Done and Stop-The-Boats, ‘legal’ migration from their countries of origin has more than quadrupled under the Tory watch.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair it’s not even the first time this year that tactical voting has sunk the Tories

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No chance either of these leads the Tories into the next election.
If they make no headway in the polls, correct.

However, Starmer is apparently incredibly unpopular, so.... :shrug:

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you honestly see Reform voters backing a black leader?

She might speak the the language of hate and entitlement but in their racist eyes, she is part of a group of non-white Tory politicians (including Sunak, Patel and Braverman) who have made sure that under the cover of three word slogans such as Get-Brexit-Done and Stop-The-Boats, ‘legal’ migration from their countries of origin has more than quadrupled under the Tory watch.
Good point.

How much of the shockingly low 6 million tory turnout in the last GE was due to a fundamentally racist proportion of their support opting to back the white man (Farage)?

As nobody admits to being racist any more, we shall probably never know.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Absolute madness, but as others have mentioned, I would be surprised if either of these 2 oddities will still be in place to lead the Tories into the next election.
I can possibly see Cleverly doing a Rishi, when he was beaten by ‘Mad Liz’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here