Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Pub Debate - Weatherspoons

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
So, essentially, you don’t mind what the views of the owners are (or you’d have to check before going into any pub) but you object to hearing his views. Always had problems with free speech?
Where have I indicated I have a problem with free speech? I'm not restricting his ability to spout bullshit am I?

I'm simply choosing based on his views which he spouts constantly not to frequent his pubs, as is my right to do as free speech is not freedom from any consequences.

What an absolute dogsh!t point you made lmao.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Delighted to see this thread bounced - it's perfect timing to advertise Wetherspoon's Beer Festival which starts this Wednesday.

A range of 30 real ales, including 5 from international brewers, will be available during the 12-day beer festival.

The festival will run from Wednesday 9 October to Sunday 20 October inclusive.

The overseas brewers are from Japan, Canada, New Zealand and two from the USA.

The festival will include a number of beers not previously available at Wetherspoon.

Among the festival collection are vegan (also suitable for vegetarians) beers.

As well as featuring a range of different malt and hop varieties from around the world, there are also beers that include coffee and fruit in their ingredients.

The international beers are Red Racer Session (Central City Brewery, Canada), Dinner Ale (Townshend Brewery, New Zealand), Orihime Pale Ale (Ishii Brewing, Japan), Who Dat (Urban South Brewery, USA), All Dog Alert (Yazoo Brewing, USA).

The festival line-up also includes Born to be Mild (Conwy Brewery), Sun Lounger (Fyne Ales Brewery), Salem Session (Batemans Brewery), Mango in the Night (Rudgate Brewery), Sapphire Spoon (Titanic Brewery), Banoffee Pie Golden Ale (Maxim Brewery), The Gloaming (Loch Lomond Brewery).

Three third-of-a-pint tasters will also be available for the price of a pint.
................................... and sober October runs from October 1st. to October 31st.

Bugger.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
................................... and sober October runs from October 1st. to October 31st.

Bugger.
1 day left! :) 🍺

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There is a spoons opening up near where I live. That means all the degenerates, cheapskates, students and alkies will migrate here leaving the decent pubs bell cheese free.

It's win win innit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
On the sell-by date?
I'll admit that made me chuckle, HT.

But in truth, even just one day left would represent 24 long hours that are completely superfluous to my particular imbibing requirements. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here