Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The official Paralympic opening ceremony thread****

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you don't mind me interrupting, I am thinking that [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] was not intending to be offensive. Merely pointing out that both a physio and a welder would be needed for such a brutal sport.

Thanks for trying, though I fear even your explanation may not be enough for our 'desperate to be offended' friend

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
If you don't mind me interrupting, I am thinking that [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] was not intending to be offensive. Merely pointing out that both a physio and a welder would be needed for such a brutal sport.

I'll second that. Hence the term "murderball" have you seen the force that the wheelchairs collide during basketball let alone rugby.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Well that was a great way to bring the flame in, a good choice to light the flame and a fantastic way to end - loved the Agitos in the middle at the end! Roll on the Paralympic Games tomorrow!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great finish...right off to bed. Night night

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Thanks for trying, though I fear even your explanation may not be enough for our 'desperate to be offended' friend

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here