****The official Paralympic opening ceremony thread****

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jesus...the Bahraini woman fatima is a tad scary

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Who let Channel 4 broadcast the Paralympic Opening Ceremony?

I like John Snow, but this is a bit of a shambles.

This is a major event, and I feel it should be broadcast without constant adverts and political insights from Mr Snow into the competing nations.

God save the Beeb!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I like John Snow, but this is a bit of a shambles.

This is a major event, and I feel it should be broadcast without constant adverts and political insights from Mr Snow into the competing nations.

God save the Beeb!

Snow's doing the political bit to fill in the gaps because they know f*** all about any of the athletes, not even their names, and are just spouting complete shite about their hats looking like confectioner's hats or Mexico being 'the most colourful team.' How many months have they had to do some research on this? Pretty disgraceful really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is a wild card athlete ?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Snow's doing the political bit to fill in the gaps because they know f*** all about any of the athletes, not even their names, and are just spouting complete shite about their hats looking like confectioner's hats or Mexico being 'the most colourful team.' How many months have they had to do some research on this? Pretty disgraceful really.

Yep, and it's getting worse. After all the plaudits recently, Seb Coe should get blasted for allowing Channel 4 to get this, if it's he that chooses. (although I like the use of Public Enemy in the theme music)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep, and it's getting worse. After all the plaudits recently, Seb Coe should get blasted for allowing Channel 4 to get this, if it's he that chooses. (although I like the use of Public Enemy in the theme music)

Think it was all down to money C4 bid £9 million, BBC £5 Million

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Don't think it's anything to do with Seb Coe is it?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whole countries are being missed because of adverts. Mind you, the parade of athletes is dragging a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ah Spain, let's hope their basketball team are partially sighted as opposed to last time round

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The babes carrying the country name are quite hot. :blush:

And they try to be ethnically correct....black ladies for black countries.....although not always

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it me or do Paraolympians seem far more happy

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is the queen constipated?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here