Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The official Paralympic opening ceremony thread****

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Ian McKellen having to read some of the greatest lines ever written from a prompt script inside a giant prop book.

Poor, very poor.

:nono:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
To be fair, he is the captain of our wheelchair rugby team, and has been on tv a fair bit recently. She should do her bloody homework!

Blading is one of the better sports presenters who does do her homework, She knew who the next guy was.

Think its a little unfair for [MENTION=17118]forrest[/MENTION] to criticise channel 4 on its paralympic coverage on the strength of the opening ceremony coverage alone - remember Trevor Nelson at the Olympic Opening ceremony?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No Prince Harry yet. Curious, as you couldn't get him off the screen at the Olympics.

Perhaps he's working, eh?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Enough now.....just light the f***ing flame so we can go to bed

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Blading is one of the better sports presenters who does do her homework, She knew who the next guy was.

Think its a little unfair for [MENTION=17118]forrest[/MENTION] to criticise channel 4 on its paralympic coverage on the strength of the opening ceremony coverage alone - remember Trevor Nelson at the Olympic Opening ceremony?

Not just me being critical. There's plenty of posts on the web being critical of the way the the opening ceremony is being broadcasted.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ian McKellen having to read some of the greatest lines ever written from a prompt script inside a giant prop book.

Poor, very poor.

:nono:

Greatest lines ever written? It sounded pretty poor to me I must say. I notice that the commentators didn't say who wrote them - trying to remain anonymous I expect

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Great line from Stephen Hawking... "The Large Hadron Collider at Cern is the greatest machine on earth, and possibly the universe"

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From Handel's Eternal Source of Light Divine to Ian Dury's Spasticus Autisticus... wow that is a leap!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Your a prick of the highest order. Gather your perfect eh? Get back under your stone.

If you don't mind me interrupting, I am thinking that [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] was not intending to be offensive. Merely pointing out that both a physio and a welder would be needed for such a brutal sport.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Who the bloody hell is Miranda?

Shakespeare, darling. From The Tempest, hence McKellen as Prospero.

(I think it's Prospero).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here