Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Peter Kyle i’m afraid is a company man and will do as he’s told
Expected response really. Skirt the question and go on an evangelical spree about how good the government is. Not much changes.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would argue there is a clear distinction between being bad at a job (as May and Johnson were) and not being capable of doing it in the first place (which is the case with Liz Truss). You can certainly argue the case on Starmer on the former if you want (personally I think it’s far too early to judge) but not on the latter IMHO.
Spot on. Time will tell on Starmer, although everyone accepts it’s been a dodgy start at best. Truss was spectacularly incompetent and indefensible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come & do much more business here, invest lots of money so we can take it off you with higher taxes. By the way our economy is a total mess at the moment thanks to 14 year of Tory miss rule so we really need your cash to balance the books.

Taxes are key. Our neighbours The Netherlands and Ireland have rock bottom corporation tax rates, investment has flowed inwards. Annoying that tax havens win, but how to win a competitive market.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
we have an opportunity to corner the global market on sausages.

images

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Corpration Tax
UK 25
Belgium 25
France 25.8
Germany 29.9
Italy 27.8
Netherlands 25.8
Poland 19
Portugal 31
Romania 16
Spain 25

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Corpration Tax
UK 25
Belgium 25
France 25.8
Germany 29.9
Italy 27.8
Netherlands 25.8
Poland 19
Portugal 31
Romania 16
Spain 25

Finland 20
Denmark 22
Germany as low as 25.5, depends on state
Ireland 12.5
Italy 24
Norway 22
Sweden 20.6
Netherlands 19 for first €200,000 profits

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Taxes are key. Our neighbours The Netherlands and Ireland have rock bottom corporation tax rates, investment has flowed inwards. Annoying that tax havens win, but how to win a competitive market.
It’s not annoying, it’s how business grow and employ people to create things, sell things and everyone benefits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here