Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Greatest Band ever!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Mary Had A Little Lamb was written as a response to the BBC banning Wings' previous single, Give Ireland Back To The Irish. The Beeb considered it so politically objectionable that they wouldn't even broadcast the title. In chart rundowns it was mentioned as "a record by the group Wings". So McCartney came up with something so inoffensive that nobody could possibly want to ban it. Except possibly for sarcasm in vinyl form.
'At the time, some observers such as Roy Carr and Tony Tyler of New Musical Express presumed the song was recorded by McCartney in response to the BBCban of his previous single, the political "Give Ireland Back to the Irish",[1] but McCartney has denied this, saying that it was a sincere effort to write a song for children.[2] In fact, the song was written before "Give Ireland Back to the Irish", as a demo of the song can be heard during an interview recorded for radio'

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There's no definitive answer

A shout for Booker T & the MG's particularly as Stax house band and Otis.

Slade . . Maaively under rated.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My two equally great, greatest bands of all time.

Both playing my favourite songs of theirs.

Both my favourite live performances of each song.

The Clash. I mean come on! Just sublime.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’m a big Jam fan, saw them 5 times,but, for me it’s the Stones.

Little red rooster, Sympathy for the devil, paint it black, You can’t always get what you wanted, Street Fighting man, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, the entire exile on Mainstreet album, the entire Let it bleed album, the entire Sticky Fingers album, It’s only rock and roll, Undercover.

And the song , that in my humble opinion is probably the best ever, Gimme Sheter.

All personal opinions, obviously.
I loved later Beatles. Loved Small Faces, Rod Stewart, Family, Coliseum, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits but one band has been there for all that time.

Has to be the Stones. So many incredible tracks.(As you said.)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Somewhere between Small Faces, Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. The latter 3 albums Sales are huge. Did I hear on the radio last week DSOM sold more than 5 times what Oasis sold in entirety.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Undoubtedly there are many, many great bands but if I was pushed for my number 1, it would have to be ELO…

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here