Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Greatest Band ever!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m a big Jam fan, saw them 5 times,but, for me it’s the Stones.

Little red rooster, Sympathy for the devil, paint it black, You can’t always get what you wanted, Street Fighting man, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, the entire exile on Mainstreet album, the entire Let it bleed album, the entire Sticky Fingers album, It’s only rock and roll, Undercover.

And the song , that in my humble opinion is probably the best ever, Gimme Sheter.

All personal opinions, obviously.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m a big Jam fan, saw them 5 times,but, for me it’s the Stones.

Little red rooster, Sympathy for the devil, paint it black, You can’t always get what you wanted, Street Fighting man, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, the entire exile on Mainstreet album, the entire Let it bleed album, the entire Sticky Fingers album, It’s only rock and roll, Undercover.

And the song , that in my humble opinion is probably the best ever, Gimme Sheter.

All personal opinions, obviously.

Obviously, it's down to personal opinion, but you're right about it being the Stones :wink:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I like The Beatles, The Doors and The Jam. The Stone Roses album is one of the best. The Charlatans have consistently produced fantastic albums and always put on a great show and albeit with a different style so do Belle And Sebastian (who give me so much in moments of depression)

However if I’m stuck on a desert island give me the 25 albums Sparks have recorded.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The Beatles are my go to band but there are so many great bands from over the years. I love Ray Davies’s stuff with the Kinks, and the Stones have produced fabulous music for decades. Add the Who, Faces, Doors and Hendrix and I’d be quite happy. I do like Blur, Oasis and bands of that ilk, but they are just recreating the music of the past..

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Went to see The Faces back in 2015, first time they played together for 40 years. Kenny Jones had arranged the fundraising gig at his local polo club at Hurtwood. They only played a few numbers but was good to see them play.

Another shout for The Clash thou for me.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure there is a definitive best band ever, just personal preferences.

The Beatles were the first boy band though.
Hmm, spent time roughing it in Hamburg and took a while to make it. Hardly a boy band in Boyzone, Westlife, or the Take That mould are they? Started writing their own songs quite early on in success too. (In fairness so did Gary Barlow, TT are a bit of a secret pleasure for me :blush:)

They were not put together by music moguls either

In short I’m calling RUBBISH to the second sentence in your post :smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hmm, spent time roughing it in Hamburg and took a while to make it. Hardly a boy band in Boyzone, Westlife, or the Take That mould are they? Started writing their own songs quite early on in success too. (In fairness so did Gary Barlow, TT are a bit of a secret pleasure for me :blush:)

They were not put together by music moguls either

In short I’m calling RUBBISH to the second sentence in your post :smile:

Replace it with most prolific Band ever :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like The Beatles, The Doors and The Jam. The Stone Roses album is one of the best. The Charlatans have consistently produced fantastic albums and always put on a great show and albeit with a different style so do Belle And Sebastian (who give me so much in moments of depression)

However if I’m stuck on a desert island give me the 25 albums Sparks have recorded.

I never, ever tire listening to Sparks or Joy Division. Every time as if the first. Creative gods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here