Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Greatest Band ever!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The_Jam_Black_Kids_T_Shirt_The_Jam_Logo_Close_Up.jpg

As John Weller would have said ‘Put your hands together for the best band in the f###ing world, The Jam!’

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Rod Stewart is a long way short of Steve Marriott in the singing stakes! IMO obviously

I loved the Small Faces but it’s hard to think beyond the Stones as the greatest band ever

The Doors shone for a while, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac in both guises, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, REM, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Creedence CR, The Kinks etc. Younger people may include the Clash, The Jam, Oasis, Nirvana

Can I include Coldplay in the contenders? :wink:

Harry will be along soon nominating at least 20 bands I have never heard of, except maybe Caravan :lolol:

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Rod Stewart is a long way short of Steve Marriott in the singing stakes! IMO obviously

I loved the Small Faces but it’s hard to think beyond the Stones as the greatest band ever

The Doors shone for a while, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Fleetwood Mac in both guises, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, REM, Bob Marley, The Eagles, Creedence CR, The Kinks etc. Younger people may include the Clash, The Jam, Oasis, Nirvana

Can I include Coldplay in the contenders? :wink:
Steve Marriott I agree, but.......Coldplay nein danke. The late 60s early 70s Faces are without doubt the finest of all time

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Macca said this is the greatest song ever written.

So therefore by default surely it has to be The Beach Boys…..

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Not sure I’ll run with the opinion of the guy who wrote the Frog Song, Let it Be, Hey Jude and Mull of Kintyre’s opinion over most other musicians :smile:

All songs to send you to sleep from boredom.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You mean Paul McCartney?

The Paul McCartney whose repertoire includes the Frog Song, Yellow Submarine, Mary had a little lamb, Wonderful Christmas time, Silly love songs, Pipes of peace?

That Paul McCartney?

When he was good he was great, but, when he was bad, he was worse than awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here