Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of Rangers?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Where on earth do we start with some of this bollocks??!!

'two-bob league' - what a patronising little cvnt you are!! Due to the force of circumstances and lack of TV money it will never be a great league but it brings a lot of pleasure (and pain!) to a fair few people despite its many problems - but hey why dont you just dismiss it out of hand for no other reason than your own fvcking arrogance!!!

Ah, so you're one of the blame everyone else for Rangers cheating brigade, then?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't know if it has already been posted (too lazy to check):

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

I know I'm probably enjoying this more than is strictly healthy :)

This could be a massive hit for "The Proclaimers" :thumbsup:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Friday the 13th, how apt.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this vote is far from the 'final solution'. This nonsense up there could run for sometime to come.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see this running for much longer. There is the fixture list to finalise, Dundee or Dunfermline to promote, players out of contract to sign up or move on, sponsors and TV stations to keep happy, travel and hotel arrangements to be made.

Just start the newco in League 3 and move on. It seems straightforward enough.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't see this running for much longer. There is the fixture list to finalise, Dundee or Dunfermline to promote, players out of contract to sign up or move on, sponsors and TV stations to keep happy, travel and hotel arrangements to be made.

Just start the newco in League 3 and move on. It seems straightforward enough.

You would think it should be straight forward enough, but the SFA are involved...lol.

Rangers supporters want Div 3 (mainly out of spite).

The other clubs supporters want Rangers in Div 3.

The SFA want Rangers in Div 1 (abandoning 'sporting integrity' in favour of Sky TV money.)

Rangers in Div 1 would almost certainly require further sanctions against them ( other clubs want their pound of flesh).

Rangers are unwilling to accept further sanctions in Div 1.

Other club owners are caught in the middle (their fans want Rangers in Div 3......but there will be a loss of income for the clubs through tv deals).

Add to this the prospect that original Administrators Duff & Phelps may be in legal trouble........the new owner Charles Green is possibly running out of funds with Season Tickets not being re-newed.....and Rangers players deserting the sinking ship for free.......It Is A Blooody Mess.

The SPL kicks off Saturday 4th August......three weeks Saturday...!

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
You would think it should be straight forward enough, but the SFA are involved...lol.

Rangers supporters want Div 3 (mainly out of spite).The other clubs supporters want Rangers in Div 3.

The SFA want Rangers in Div 1 (abandoning 'sporting integrity' in favour of Sky TV money.)

Rangers in Div 1 would almost certainly require further sanctions against them ( other clubs want their pound of flesh).

Rangers are unwilling to accept further sanctions in Div 1.

Other club owners are caught in the middle (their fans want Rangers in Div 3......but there will be a loss of income for the clubs through tv deals).

Add to this the prospect that original Administrators Duff & Phelps may be in legal trouble........the new owner Charles Green is possibly running out of funds with Season Tickets not being re-newed.....and Rangers players deserting the sinking ship for free.......It Is A Blooody Mess.

The SPL kicks off Saturday 4th August......three weeks Saturday...!

Not so. Most Rangers fans I know, and I know a load of them, want Div 3 because they don't want further sanctions. Spite is not on the agenda here. Season tickets will be renewed for Ibrox as and when the final playing location of th, not yet anyway! When the final playing location of the team is clarified, next week. I think you will find that they will sell upwards of 30,000 season tickets at approx £300 pa in Div 3. Quite rightl
fully no one wants to fork out money at the moment when there is a chance they are not allowed to play at all. And that is a distinct possibility.

A mess it is though good and proper. Also even after the SPL vote last week, so far only 50% of season tickets have been taken up by the other clubs, including the Great Unwashed. It's doomed I tell you, doomed!

TNBA

TTF

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Rangers Football Club will continue to exist - just like when Fergus McCann took over Celtc in 2004 and set up a 'newco' because they were on the verge of going skint and he bailed them out!!

Sorry but I've got to pull you up on this. Fergus McCann took over Celtic, PAID OFF ALL DEBTS IN FULL, and then reconstituted the club as a PLC. I think legally it involved "creating" the plc (as when all companies go through this procedure), but I can't believe you have dropped it in there as if there is anything comparable about it!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for their big derby games against Queen's Park.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brilliant decision. I hope the other Scottish clubs make it work (financially). They don't deserve to suffer, but shouldn't have been blackmailed. This is a great decision by Scottish clubs, they'd have had nothing without integrity. The SPL and SFA can't hold their heads so high.

I'm just pleased for the other Scottish clubs. It's not like the Scottish model of 2 clubs was any good and needed preserving.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just seen the news! Superb, well done Scottish Football, you have delivered justice.

:clap:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Charles Green today claiming that three billionaires, including mike ashley, are lined up to invest in Rangers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ESPN also going to show an extra 10 Rangers matches in their Scottish football package this season in a bid to stop customers from cancelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here