Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of Rangers?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everton is traditionally a Catholic club,Liverpool is Protestant. Same in Edinburgh....Hibs is catholic,Hearts Protestant.Nothing like the Glasgow hatred though,but it does exist in both these cities.

You've got Liverpool & Everton the wrong way round, fella, Liverpool tend to align themselves with Celtic & Everton with Rangers.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You've got Liverpool & Everton the wrong way round, fella, Liverpool tend to align themselves with Celtic & Everton with Rangers.

No, I think historically he is right, but nowadays the fans have moved a long way from that.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
No, I think historically he is right, but nowadays the fans have moved a long way from that.

Both clubs were founded by wealthy Protestants. There has never really been a sectarian aspect to the support in Liverpool.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Both clubs were founded by wealthy Protestants. There has never really been a sectarian aspect to the support in Liverpool.

I think it's to do with Everton originally being based in a very Irish part of town, but like you say, neither club has a religious element to it.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Where on earth do we start with some of this bollocks??!!

Rangers (actually they no longer exist), Rangers Football Club will continue to exist - just like when Fergus McCann took over Celtc in 2004 and set up a 'newco' because they were on the verge of going skint and he bailed them out!!

are in'trouble' because of years of overspending and cheating the taxman. 'Years of cheating the taxman'- when was this (apart from the Craig Whyte fraud of the last year? Because at the moment no-one knows the outcome of the so-called 'big tax case' !! And as for the 'overspending' bit name me a major club that hasn't - in case you hadn't noticed the EPL clubs owe a cool £3 billion between them and that'sdespite the phenomenal Sky money that they pocket ffs!!

Why did they overspend....? Glasgow is fairly unique in football terms. It cannot be seen to be dominated wholly by their sectarian rivals. Liverpool and Everton are from the same city with one club (liverpool) being by far the most successful during the last 3-4 decades. You don't see Everton risking their very future on this rivalry. That,s because it is 'just' a football rivalry....not a sectarian rivalry.

You are quite right, Scotland does not have a population to sustain a 'top football' league. Yet, sectarian bragging rights have clouded the owners views and in particular, Rangers. So desperate were they 20-30 years ago, they had quite a few regular England international players on their books....utter financial madness...!
Errrrr........ they could afford it at the time!!

With regard to the 75% of Rangers fans who want to re-start in Division 3, this is overwhelmingly because they know full well that many of the clubs in Scotland will face administration due to financial hardship. The Rangers supporters want their revenge....nothing less will do. Again total bollocks - the reason Rangers fans want to start in Div 3 is because we are being shafted on the lance of 'sporting integrity' yet there is absolutely NO rule that says we should be demoted to Div 1! The SPL/ SFA are breaking the rules/ making them up as they go along because they and the clubs need the sponsorship and money that Rangers help generate - wheres the 'sporting integrity' in that?!!

Football income via season tickets, is no longer the largest item.......Sky TV, sponsorship, corporate etc etc have seen to that. Rangers and Celtic made sure they got the lions share of that income.....and now they are reaping the reward of their two-bob league. All clubs in Scotland need to 'cut their cloth' accordingly. They will never have a 'top-class football'league in Scotland. They need to get real and get used it.

'two-bob league' - what a patronising little cvnt you are!! Due to the force of circumstances and lack of TV money it will never be a great league but it brings a lot of pleasure (and pain!) to a fair few people despite its many problems - but hey why dont you just dismiss it out of hand for no other reason than your own fvcking arrogance!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Where on earth do we start with some of this bollocks??!!

'two-bob league' - what a patronising little cvnt you are!! Due to the force of circumstances and lack of TV money it will never be a great league but it brings a lot of pleasure (and pain!) to a fair few people despite its many problems - but hey why dont you just dismiss it out of hand for no other reason than your own fvcking arrogance!!!

Why thankyou, for your eloquent reply.

I shall add it to the one and only PM you kindly sent me calling me a "wanker".

You are an outstanding example of a Rangers supporter.

I am sorry your club is finally lurching into the cesspit your supporters so thoroughly deserve, but I am sure that with their expertise in bullying they will somehow bludgeon the other teams into submission for what you demand.

Never forget your famous catchprase..."No Surrender".........................oh, I think you already have.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
take the punishment, start again in Division 3, stop the arrogance, enjoy going to new grounds, come back stronger and more compassionate. No axe to grind, have been to Ibrox on several occasions.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
take the punishment, start again in Division 3, stop the arrogance, enjoy going to new grounds, come back stronger and more compassionate. No axe to grind, have been to Ibrox on several occasions.

I car share with a Rangers fan and he agrees - an opportunity to give their young players some valuable experience. Rangers will benefit more from this as they will play competitive games for the next three seasons (assuming they start in Div 3) as all their 'big' players will leave. Celtic however, will be in a league where they are expected to win every season, playing against inferior opposition.

Oh and don't forget, the two Champions league spots - one of them will undoubtably be lost because one of the other teams that takes it each season will probably fall at the first hurdle in qualifying and Celtic probably won't do much better either.

The only winners out of this are Rangers!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Breaking News: Rangers have refused International clearance for the transfers of Davis, Lafferty, Ness, Whittaker and Naismith

Well if they were looking for allies in the wider football community they've blown it now :nono:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
This will then be ruled on by UEFA and no doubt they will grant international transfer rights. UEFA also don't seem to like Rangers at the moment as they went to the civil courts instead of staying within football. Remember FC Sion did something similar and postured to UEFA. They lost out big time when UEFA threatened to throw out all Swiss clubs from European competition. They were subsequently docked 30 points I believe instead of being reinstated into the Europa League. Charles Green is just throwing his toys out of the pram.

Rangers Football Club will continue to exist

ApWX5mOCMAM09Cx.jpg:large

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Breaking News: Rangers have refused International clearance for the transfers of Davis, Lafferty, Ness, Whittaker and Naismith

Well if they were looking for allies in the wider football community they've blown it now :nono:

If its the new Rangers how can they as they are not their players to begin with?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
It seems to be a technicality as the new Rangers has yet to be set up but they are hoping to transfer the players contracts across under TUPE regulations. So the SFA are unable to do anyhting until newco is set up formally then they can inititate the transfer of registrations

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It seems to be a technicality as the new Rangers has yet to be set up but they are hoping to transfer the players contracts across under TUPE regulations. So the SFA are unable to do anyhting until newco is set up formally then they can inititate the transfer of registrations

They cannot transfer those player's contracts under TUPE conditions to "Newco" because they are free agents if they didn't wish to stay.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I don't know if it has already been posted (too lazy to check):

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

I know I'm probably enjoying this more than is strictly healthy :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here