Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 130 37.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 198 56.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A seriously lazy take.
Agree.

Harris is no Obama (IMHO one of America’s finest presidents and a quite remarkable man), but she seems from everything I’ve seen to be a solid candidate.

Hilary Clinton, however, was just awful and handed that election to Trump. Short of something catastrophic in the coming days, it’s been a decent campaign from Harris.

I still have Trump down to win though, but hoping for the best for Harris.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Republican bullsh!t continues.

At this point I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. :lolol::facepalm:

A Republican door canvasser chasing up unreturned ballots, knocked on the door of a house in Pennsylvania because 53 nuns were supposed to be registered as living there. No one answered the door apparently and he didn’t see anyone so took to social media accusing the Benedictine Sisters of voter ID fraud even though it was actually a monastery. Musk retweeted the accusation. The canvasser working for a PAC organisation said “Our attorney’s are reviewing this right now. We will not let the Dems count on illegal votes.”

The nuns said they are now “pursuing legal counsel for defamation”

1729874575799.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
She is an empty vessel way out of her depth. He is just unbelievably awful. If she is elected the same people who have been pulling the strings for Biden will be doing the same for her. She is just not up to the job.
I heard Newsmax were looking for a UK correspondent

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Kid Rock endorse Trump, never heard of him but sounds like a nice chap

Kid Rock is a "musician".

He got popular around the time nu-metal was a thing.

I say this as a man who listens to Slipknot to this very day: you could not pay me to listen to Kid Rock.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I'm kinda genuinely interested if there is a thing that could come out about Trump that would shake Dingo or Vegan enough that they would, at least, consider sitting out the election rather than voting for Trump? And not something silly like "he reveals that he was a Democrat all along and was looking to destroy the "G"OP from the inside.

Like, is there actually a line?

Clearly it's not multiple sexual assaults, fraud, grifting, throwing our allies under the bus, cozying up to dictators and enemies of the US, being a felon, attempting a coup, being clearly diminished mentally, ranting, hurling insults, dancing for thirty minutes, demonstrating a total lack of knowledge of the economy, killing a million people with his mishandling of covid, threatening to jail his opponents, silencing critics, disrespecting the military, dodging the draft, blatant racism, the incompetence, the incontinence, the lies, upon lies, upon more lies...

Is there anything that would shake their belief that Trump should be back in office?
Most of that is either demonstratable false or highly questionable.

As none of you have been at all conciliatory, posting in bad faith or admitting errors there is F all chance that I am going to show any fealty even if you did have a credible case which you don't.

Go and pound sand.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The Washington Post has bottled out of endorsing either candidate. Strikes me that they are scared to endorse Harris in case Trump gets in and immediately wreaks vengeance on anyone who opposed him - as he has said he will do.

Bullying - pure and simple.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The Washington Post has bottled out of endorsing either candidate. Strikes me that they are scared to endorse Harris in case Trump gets in and immediately wreaks vengeance on anyone who opposed him - as he has said he will do.

This follows the LA Times doing the same. Both owned by billionaires that put the kibosh on their respective papers endorsing Harris. There was at least one resignation from the LA Times. WaPo is already attracting criticism.

^ A former WaPo editor

More: https://www.cjr.org/political_press...week-later-the-papers-publisher-killed-it.php

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

As none of you have been at all conciliatory, posting in bad faith or admitting errors there is F all chance that I am going to show any fealty even if you did have a credible case which you don't.

Go and pound sand.

I'm kinda genuinely interested if there is a thing that could come out about Trump that would shake Dingo or Vegan enough that they would, at least, consider sitting out the election rather than voting for Trump? And not something silly like "he reveals that he was a Democrat all along and was looking to destroy the "G"OP from the inside.

Like, is there actually a line?

Clearly it's not multiple sexual assaults, fraud, grifting, throwing our allies under the bus, cozying up to dictators and enemies of the US, being a felon, attempting a coup, being clearly diminished mentally, ranting, hurling insults, dancing for thirty minutes, demonstrating a total lack of knowledge of the economy, killing a million people with his mishandling of covid, threatening to jail his opponents, silencing critics, disrespecting the military, dodging the draft, blatant racism, the incompetence, the incontinence, the lies, upon lies, upon more lies...

Is there anything that would shake their belief that Trump should be back in office?

That's related to two of the list that Dingo says is false or questionable!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Go and pound sand.
Pure copium.

So are you saying if, say, Trump was a sexual abuser you would no longer support him? Or if he did actually commit fraud? Or if he had attempted a coup?

If, say, "hypothetically", any of those things were true, would you still support him?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two seriously awful candidates.
Are you seriously trying to “both sides” the presidential election?

One is a slightly ropey media performer but with a track record of public office. The other wants to use the military to round up his political opponents.

If you genuinely think those are equally as bad then you’re not the impartial voice you claim to represent.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Go and pound sand.
Come on then, what would Trump have to do to lose your support.

There must be a line, what is it?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

I don’t know why this would surprise anyone. It’s all in Project 25 - it’s just a shame voters are too lazy to do the research. The full text of Project 25 is freely available online and has been posted upthread too.

As you say, Trump declared last year he would try and shut down any media that speaks out against him.

It’s what dictators do. Americans should be very worried.

He himself said he will govern as a “dictator” on “day one” should he win office again … seek retribution against the news media, showing no regard for the First Amendment protections afforded to the Fourth Estate.”

This article is really worth a read.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is what horrifies me. There isn't a single bookie that doesn't make Trump odds on to win the election.

It is beyond belief that someone so corrupt and dishonest as Trump can get so many votes.
Until a few days ago I was seeing the polling figures that gave Harris the lead.

Let's pray the bookies have got it wrong.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election/winner
Just a few large bets funded by the likes of Putin.

Part of the future "evidence" that the election was "rigged". "The bookies all thought I'd win. Fight like hell". :rollseyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here