Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 130 37.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 198 56.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
They're Putin's boys.
Utterly
Exactly

It’s all about corruption, power and wealth scratching the back of corruption, power and wealth regardless of the foreign entities involved and people like Trump and Musk are the back room deal makers making it happen.

It often feels like the ‘little people’ are duped into believing that State borders and national security actually have any real value in today’s world.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What could, though?

He's made of Teflon.

Yep, nothing sticks and like Teflon he gives off toxic fumes when he overheats.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Exactly

It’s all about corruption, power and wealth scratching the back of corruption, power and wealth regardless of the foreign entities involved and people like Trump and Musk are the back room deal makers making it happen.

It often feels like the ‘little people’ are duped into believing that State borders and national security actually have any real value in today’s world.
Musk has tremendous power with Starlink, say the Russians attacked European to USA subsea marine cables.

Its all feeling a bit Back to the Future II.

We're got a fight on at home and abroad and whatever happens Tuesday week it doesn't end there.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Unfortunately there'll probably be some people watching that thinking "I'd like my kids to be saying that (perhaps to contradict "fake news")?"

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Exactly

Seems to me that Musk is simply using Trump as a puppet to voice his own agenda.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems to me that Musk is simply using Trump as a puppet to voice his own agenda.
Yep, having control of twitter allows him to pull a lot of strings, turning it into a ring wing propaganda machine

I have an account (just to view content) as its now no longer available unless you have an account. You only have to open Farage's page and your feed is flooded with similar shit from other dishonest actors, just so blatant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Patience. 1 possibly 2 things still incoming....allegedly
I just can't see it, I'm afraid.

There are tens of millions of people who will vote for Trump despite there being a lengthy list of outrages, any one of which should stop any right-minded person voting for him.

These people are so entrenched in their support for him, each additional outrage only seems to further strengthen their resolve.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've lingered on this thread a while now as Im fascinated to see what happens in the build up to Nov 5, but I find it all so utterly depressing that we are still talking about that obnoxious oaf possibly getting his feet back under the desk at the WH. The world truly has gone mad.

A Trump supporter on ABC News FB page yesterday said that all Harris has is "name calling" against Trump (not seeing the irony at all that that is what he has done since his very first campaign), and that he is far more articulate than she is.

I despair & worry for America if he gets in again...a place I love, and call my 2nd home.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

There are tens of millions of people who will vote for Trump despite there being a lengthy list of outrages, any one of which should stop any right-minded person voting for him.

These people are so entrenched in their support for him, each additional outrage only seems to further strengthen their resolve.
I'd be surprised if anything actually emerges. I also agree that there is NOTHING that will deter true MAGA voters from turning on Trump.

That said there are independents, and a new raft of newly registered Gen-Z voters who weren't eligible to vote last time.

Like most people I am finding the polls depressing reading, yet somehow I am not believing them. I think the early voting favours Harris, I do think women voters will play a big part in this election, and I do think traditional Republicans will turn on Trump.

I may well regret posting this but I believe Harris will win the popular vote by a larger margin than Biden. It's a toss up as to there those votes will be in the right places because of the ludicrous and anti-democratic electoral college system. My gut feeling is Harris prevails on Nov 5th.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I agree with that in main. The cultists are brainwashed and beyond help, but you don't need them all en masse to switch votes.

It will come down to 7 to 10 swing states and maybe by small margins.

Just getting enough floating voters or independents in those states could be the difference.

IF..... said video appears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here