Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.6%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 192 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Laser-like focus on the issues that really matter:

Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 10.38.53 PM.png

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's well known that Trump's "policies" and actions have never been based on what he believes will be good for America.

His decision making has always been based on whether the people who will be affected by his decisions have shown loyalty to him,. Making him President gives him the power to make human life and death part of that transaction of loyalty which he has already demonstrated he is only too willing to use....

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Eh? The issue (clearly over your head) is that Trump denied that covid was an issue, refused to prepare for it, and finally when the US lead the world in deaths he claimed that he actually warned about it first.

Awful leadership that directly lead to the deaths of thousands more Americans.

That's not true, yes he denied it at first then got up to speed and overtook most of Europe in vaccinations. Most of the excess deaths are due to comorbidities, a Large percentage of Americans are very fat and lazy.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
That's not true, yes he denied it at first then got up to speed and overtook most of Europe in vaccinations. Most of the excess deaths are due to comorbidities, a Large percentage of Americans are very fat and lazy.

This comorbidity piece is flicking useless to those families and friends in the US who lost loved ones to it. My nephews father lives in Portland, they were staunch Trump supporters, never got vaccinated, and then lost a grandparent to it, split the family politics in half now.

Had Trump from the outset advised as most sensible countries did, that they lock down, the elderly people try and avoid it and get vaccinated, there is a high possibility they would still be here. Even with a relatively mild underlying health condition. But no, Trump advised drinking bleach, light bulbs and ivermectin, an anti parastic more commonly used in horses and cows.

This comorbidity piece is like saying "don't worry you were going to die already, so your number doesn't count"....

Bonkers...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's not true, yes he denied it at first

Yes it is true, and you're right, he denied it was a concern.

then got up to speed and overtook most of Europe in vaccinations.

The US developed vaccines without Trump's authority (they didn't need it) because the experts knew he was wrong.

Most of the excess deaths are due to comorbidities, a Large percentage of Americans are very fat and lazy.

While the demographics would impact the outcome, a lot of deaths were also due to Trump's ignorance and not enforcing lockdowns.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This comorbidity piece is flicking useless to those families and friends in the US who lost loved ones to it. My nephews father lives in Portland, they were staunch Trump supporters, never got vaccinated, and then lost a grandparent to it, split the family politics in half now.

Had Trump from the outset advised as most sensible countries did, that they lock down, the elderly people try and avoid it and get vaccinated, there is a high possibility they would still be here. Even with a relatively mild underlying health condition. But no, Trump advised drinking bleach, light bulbs and ivermectin, an anti parastic more commonly used in horses and cows.

This comorbidity piece is like saying "don't worry you were going to die already, so your number doesn't count"....

Bonkers...

The states themselves had the final say on lockdowns and how they implemented them.

If Oregan wanted to lockdown, they didn't need to wait on Trump to do so, Oregan ordered a stay at home pretty early.

There was a lot of debate at the time of Trump had the power to even order a national lockdown, which was the reason for the disjointed approach and different guidelines, the only things he can force shut down are airports etc - which they did.

The bleach stuff etc I agree with

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The states themselves had the final say on lockdowns and how they implemented them.

If Oregan wanted to lockdown, they didn't need to wait on Trump to do so, Oregan ordered a stay at home pretty early.

There was a lot of debate at the time of Trump had the power to even order a national lockdown, which was the reason for the disjointed approach and different guidelines, the only things he can force shut down are airports etc - which they did.

Yes Oregon did only a couple of weeks behind us I recall, but the dialog from Trump encouraged lots of people not to believe, and so many actively ignored the order.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

NewYork also went ahead with a lockdown before Trump announced it nationally.

And not sure anyway we should be throwing stones in glass houses about how our leaders managed the Covid pandemic tbh

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What is the best US poll which hasn't been paid for by someone wanting it to show a particular result ?

Or doesn't one exist ?

According to many Republicans there isn't even one that is accurate, NOT EVEN the OFFICIAL ONE on the first Tuesday in November.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
NewYork also went ahead with a lockdown before Trump announced it nationally.

And not sure anyway we should be throwing stones in glass houses about how our leaders managed the Covid pandemic tbh

Cuomo said himself Trump had no power to overrule him, so it's on Cuomo for the fall out, the care home policy was a disgrace.

I'm getting flashbacks from those awful celebrity videos about him now.

Can't really have it both ways

I understand why some states didn't want to work with Trump though!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This comorbidity piece is flicking useless to those families and friends in the US who lost loved ones to it.

One of my best friends didn't believe in vaccines and passed from covid. There was a bad choice there but some say it was due to Trump.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Cuomo said himself Trump had no power to overrule him, so it's on Cuomo for the fall out, the care home policy was a disgrace.

I'm getting flashbacks from those awful celebrity videos about him now.

Can't really have it both ways

I understand why some states didn't want to work with Trump though!

Yep - It was an awful time - I have family in NY and they were terrified.

Cuomo did not come out of that period smelling of roses!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here