Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.6%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 192 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
And so it is in US right now, there will be those who are seduced by Trumps bullshit, there will be some who like Harris, but theres a large contigent of people on both sides who view Trump in same way many did Corbyn or the Tories at our last elections and will simply vote for the "other option" as least worst choice or to try and stop Trump.

Having lived in the US for a few years, I think you are right. However due to the population size in the US those these "other option" voters are in their millions and can in swing states cause issues. Its interesting that smaller groups over here of right wing or monster raving loonies really have no impact on the outcome but do vote.

With the collegiate voting system the popular vote can be upset. As Trump did in 2016 and Bush in 2000. As long as people are voting for the least worst option in Arizona, Georgia and the Swing States, I hope sense will prevail with Harris. Early results in states which have been red for a while are looking promising for her too, like the Carolinas...but there is a long way to go...

I like her for many reasons but one is she makes sense and can string a sentence together, surely a neccessary trait for a POTUS. Conversely Trumps backing by Elon Musk and his relationship with Putin scares the bejesus out of me...Friends I know in NYC are blasting Harris / Vance support all over social media country wide, and I've got everything crossed it works.

Seeing Trump sitting on a Fox News sofa, stating he is going to remove funding from schools who continue to teach slavery whilst a black Fox newsman sits along side him nodding his head, tells you all you need to know...as if you need anything else...

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Happy to 'deflect' about why Harris doesn't have the lead she should. I think it is interesting.

That doesn't mean I am giving any credence or houseroom to the merest hint of a suggestion that Trump has any merit (as a human being let alone president).

(I put Dingbat on ignore a very long time ago. Having any sort of discussion with him is a deflection from common sense.)

Well I own up to not having any commen sense 😂

I didn’t say it wasn’t interesting and Harris has certain qualities that don’t appeal to me (like her nasally twangy voice, her laugh and at times, lack of gravitas), but seriously comparing her to Trump‘s litany of judgment errors, sexual predation, criminal record, collusion with dictators, his inability to accept the results of fair elections, his narcissistic behaviour throughout ….

I have posted plenty of information and links on this thread showing that Trump is a Clear and Present Danger - his collusion with Multi-Billionaires like Musk who are buying their own influence in American politics should be enough to sound alarm bells to anyone left standing in the Trump camp who thinks that liberal democracies and representative governments are worth fighting for.

Trump is advocating turning the military on his political opponents whom he calls the “enemy within” - how far does he need to go ffs before people wake up and smell the coffee?

The choice between Harris and Trump? Well to me it’s a “duh” moment.

So, my question stands and I’m asking why our own Trump followers on here can’t answer a straight question and tell us why they like Trump for the job given his unsuitability not just for the highest office in the Western world but for any public office?

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I can fully understand the reasons people hate Donald Trump, but I will never fully understand the adoration of Kamala Harris. Why can’t she answer a simple question?

She shirley gave Bret Baier one of the greatest answers in all of politics. Why is Trump such a danger to democracy?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sorry, you’ve lost me there. He has plans? Like, actual policies?
Thicko! Of course he does. theres the............

"how much will you pay me if I hand you over Ukraine" policy.

The "You've got 2 months to find a corrupt Attorney General to make my Federal indictments go away" policy

"Eradicate the constitution and make myself an autocrat like Putin" policy

The "Gag the press and put any who critisise me in Jail" policy

and the crowing Jewel, The "how much can i personnally enrich myself and my family, by selling access, tailoring US policy positions or providing confidential state secrets" policy

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1729341482665.png
1729341542757.png
1729346135899.png

Crowing Jewel! The similarity is remarkable.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The brains trust are gearing up

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I own up to not having any commen sense 😂

I didn’t say it wasn’t interesting and Harris has certain qualities that don’t appeal to me (like her nasally twangy voice, her laugh and at times, lack of gravitas), but seriously comparing her to Trump‘s litany of judgment errors, sexual predation, criminal record, collusion with dictators, his inability to accept the results of fair elections, his narcissistic behaviour throughout ….

I have posted plenty of information and links on this thread showing that Trump is a Clear and Present Danger - his collusion with Multi-Billionaires like Musk who are buying their own influence in American politics should be enough to sound alarm bells to anyone left standing in the Trump camp who thinks that liberal democracies and representative governments are worth fighting for.

Trump is advocating turning the military on his political opponents whom he calls the “enemy within” - how far does he need to go ffs before people wake up and smell the coffee?

The choice between Harris and Trump? Well to me it’s a “duh” moment.

So, my question stands and I’m asking why our own Trump followers on here can’t answer a straight question and tell us why they like Trump for the job given his unsuitability not just for the highest office in the Western world but for any public office?
It is a good and fair question.

(I think the answer basically is "It's a secret").

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
After Trump insulted just about every autoworker in Michigan earlier in the week by saying that car assembly-plant workers “take [pieces] out of a box and they assemble them…[w]e could have a child do it” - gremlins in the audio system in Detroit today silence Trump for nearly 20 minutes. A seriously pissed off Trump now says he won’t pay for the venue hire :lol:

Way to ‘win friends and influence people’ in the heart of the American automotive industry :thumbsup:

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
The moron(s) in this case are the Trump supporters who have bet with their heart instead of their heads which, let’s be honest, doesn’t make that much difference as Trump pretty much only appeals to those who make decisions based on emotions rather than logic or facts.
Got any evidence for this wild claim? Source?

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Swing State polls looking more and more worrying - although all within margin of error
Harris only needs to win Pennsylvania but she needs the swing voters.
(Edit - see @Bodian below - + WI and MI)

Trump has Arizona and Nevada pretty much sown up but if Harris loses Penn, she will have to win North Carolina, Nevada, MI and WI.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
She's need Pennsylvania plus two others presumably?
Yes sorry - I should have said only a win in Pennsylvania will get her into the WH - without it her chances pretty much collapse but she still needs Michigan and Wisconsin even if she wins Penn.

It is very unlikely but she if she wins Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and North Carolina but loses Penn – that would give her 273 electoral college votes - however Harris winning 4 of the swing States is not realistic and she is less likely to beat Trump in NC than in Penn.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because Trump caused covid. :ffsparr:

Eh? The issue (clearly over your head) is that Trump denied that covid was an issue, refused to prepare for it, and finally when the US lead the world in deaths he claimed that he actually warned about it first.

Awful leadership that directly lead to the deaths of thousands more Americans.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Eh? The issue (clearly over your head) is that Trump denied that covid was an issue, refused to prepare for it, and finally when the US lead the world in deaths he claimed that he actually warned about it first.

Awful leadership that directly lead to the deaths of thousands more Americans.
But nobody listened to Trump and injected themselves with bleach. Pity really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here