Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain versus Italy *official* match day thread

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Expected lineup for Barce....Spain.

Spain's rumored starting XI

Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

No strikers. Don't need strikers. We'll just pass it around by line to by line and complain about anti-football when Italy win 1 nil.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Should be a cracking game this

(0-0 bore draw then...)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
0-0 written all over it, Italy to be typically defensive, so 11 behind the ball for 90 mins whilst spain pas it round and around and across teh box hundreds of times trying to get that one pass that will unlock fort Italia.

Ireland v Croatia should be a cracker as both teams really need to win that one.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Had a £5 bet on Busquets to score at any time at a massive 39-1 on Betfair. They then announced the team on ITV and he is down to 20-1.

Looking forward to this one, should be a low scorer i think?

TNBA

TTF

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
LINE-UPS Spain v Italy (17:00 BST)

Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta. Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Pedro, Torres, Negredo, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

Italy: Buffon, Chiellini, De Rossi, Bonucci, Giaccherni, Marchisio, Pirlo, Thiago Motta, Maggio, Cassano, Balotelli. Subs: Sirigu, Ogbonna Obienza, Balzaretti, Abate, Di Natale, Barzagli, Borini, Montolivo, Giovinco, Diamanti, Nocerino, De Sanctis.

Referee: Viktor Kassai (Hungary)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm hoping for an Iniesta hat-trick and a Spanish clean sheet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Best thing that could happen is if Spain score an early goal, then Italy might venture over the half-way line.

D

Deleted member 18477

Would have liked to have seen Llorente in there instead of fabregas to be honest. Cannot believe the Spanish left soldado out their squad. He's better than negredo and has had a better season than Torres!

Would also have liked to have seen Iniesta in the middle instead of busquets or alonso with Pedro playing on the left.

On that note come on italy!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Spain, but I am expecting loads of imaginary snipers in the stands for this game as both teams have players going down like they've been shot

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope Spain's strikerless formation fails. In the quest to pass the ball constantly, they've stopped playing football and I don't like it. They've gone too far.

D

Deleted member 18477

Passionate singing from the Italians there!

I guess the Spanish national anthem has no words at all...

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
First of the 'heavyweights' says Adrian Chiles .... so what does that make Holland and Germany? :tosser:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
First of the 'heavyweights' says Adrian Chiles .... so what does that make Holland and Germany? :tosser:

I thought he meant the first game between two heavyweights - Holland and Germany didn't play each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here