Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain versus Italy *official* match day thread

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Passionate singing from the Italians there!

I guess the Spanish national anthem has no words at all...

It certainly does have words but I doubt Pique, Fabregas or Xavi would ever sing them, no idea on the rest of the team mind.

D

Deleted member 18477

I thought he meant the first game between two heavyweights - Holland and Germany didn't play each other.

Portugal are a heavyweight IMO. So the fat wanker still got it wrong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope Spain's strikerless formation fails. In the quest to pass the ball constantly, they've stopped playing football and I don't like it. They've gone too far.

FIFA should insist when Spain play that the match ball be covered in Napalm and lit, that should stop them playing keepball.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Much as I do love watching the Spanish style I do think it needs a proper centre forward, obviously David Villa would be the usual choice, to make it fully effective.

I'd pick Llorente ahead of Torres for that one myself but obviously the Most Illustrious Marquis of Del Bosque, to give him his full and correct Title, thinks he knows what he's doing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If they had a centre half on then that would have been a goal. Weak shot from Silva.

It looks like there should be goals in this game for both sides.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Is it me or does the italian shirt just look.....wrong? Can't put my finger on why, but it just looks odd??

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Is it me or does the italian shirt just look.....wrong? Can't put my finger on why, but it just looks odd??

it has that sort of glossy look. like it is smothered in vaseline.

got to say, this is a cracking game so far. no way Engerlaand could compete against the pace and ball movement of these teams

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Much as I do love watching the Spanish style I do think it needs a proper centre forward, obviously David Villa would be the usual choice, to make it fully effective.

I'd pick Llorente ahead of Torres for that one myself but obviously the Most Illustrious Marquis of Del Bosque, to give him his full and correct Title, thinks he knows what he's doing.

Quite hoping for Pedro, got him each way as top scorer at 33-1.................then the bloody manager starts a team with no strikers grrrrrrr
Need the Iti's to go a couple up then he might come on.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Commentators said its an attacking line up from italy and the coach is the most attack-minded they've had for some time. Half hour in and italy are playing with massed ranks of players behind the ball so no change there then. Bored now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely a booking for the foul on the Spanish keeper ? Nasty little kick that was.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Balotelli starting to bubble over...........wont be long before he gets carded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here