Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain versus Italy *official* match day thread

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
that is what i was thinking, a few years ago he would have absolutely buried every one of those chances. He seems so unconfident in taking shots he seems to f*** it up more often then not.

The first one especially. Why he went to the right of the keeper I don't know. It was also almost identical to the pass he received and position he was in when he scored against Germany in the final 4 years ago.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm mystified why people think Italy deserved a win. Thought the game was very tight and Spain just edged it. Just.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Really?! I thought it was by far the best game of the tournament and I disagree about Italy winning. Spain dominated possession as always and would have scored 2/3 more if Silva and Torres weren't so poor in front of goal. All about opinions I suppose.

When Torres came on they looked like they might be interested in scoring goals and winning the game, rather than just keep the ball endlessly without any intention of doing anything with it. Ironically, Torres is the least likely to score so bringing him on was a bit odd, Llorente or Pedro would have been a goal threat. I don't like the idea of starting of with 6 midfielders, makes it very difficult to watch in my opinion. Absolutely no cutting edge whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here