Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Tonight

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Swansea, no worries. But Wigan? I am happy to offer a gentlemans £10 wager, proceeds to REMF, that Wigan get relegated. I have a feeling.

I almost want Reading to survive because of how bald McDermott is. But he has a lot of work to do there.

No chance are Wigan going down. Did you not notice their form at the end of last season? Class manager and battle hardened to the premier.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its Atkins fault. He thought that buying fire power would result in scoring more goals than they would concede. All the best teams start at the back and given the money he has had to spend he could have built a very tight back four and defensive midfield. His forward line was already OK.

If ,IF, we get promoted Gus would need two CB's straight away, better cover for the right/left backs and a least one better holding midfield player. On top of that we would really need at least another two forwards.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No chance are Wigan going down. Did you not notice their form at the end of last season? Class manager and battle hardened to the premier.

Of course I did, and it's carried on into the start of this season and that's why I think they're doomed. It's so easy to sit here now and say they'll be fine because they've had a far better start than usual but we've seen it before when teams start well and then just crash. Every year there's a team you think are going to be fine who then just pitifully collapse, I can see that being Wigan because they've started well this time rather than finishing well and that might be their undoing.

But it's all theory and speculation, there's a lot of football to be played first.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its Atkins fault. He thought that buying fire power would result in scoring more goals than they would concede. All the best teams start at the back and given the money he has had to spend he could have built a very tight back four and defensive midfield. His forward line was already OK.

If ,IF, we get promoted Gus would need two CB's straight away, better cover for the right/left backs and a least one better holding midfield player. On top of that we would really need at least another two forwards.

I have heard Zaha is OK. Greer could cover on the flanks.

I think the training regime could get better. And the the doctors might be able to rescue a midfielder. Relegated QPR players looking for a new job.

That just leaves the covering defender (like Lawrenson) who is so good that the defensive midfielder can get forward.

This is for the Albion. If Southampton can't stay up, what chances have we?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If by some chance we did go up we would have to spend way over our budget just to make us competitive.... we still need to bed in properly to the Championship ... Id rather a more slightly cautious approach to a rushed one that would see us in decline again if we were relegated straight back down

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I'm looking forward to their swift relegation. Adkins was floundering in his interviews last night - ''at this moment in time'' this, ''at this moment in time'' that. They're history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here