Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Tonight

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Why're a lot of us so obsessed, it was a title rivalry in League One, nothing more..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Southampton's play is very naive, too many in positions where they can't affect the play and two inverted wingers who aren't delivering the crosses their big tough strikers want to feed off. But the solution seems simple, improve the balance by putting Ramirez left, Lallana right and get crosses into the box where they are dangerous. I like their shape and style overall but with their wingers on the opposite side they are blunt, and defensively they have a couple of wingers who don't work hard enough so their average at best centre backs are under constant pressure. Gary Neville's "It's rubbish" rant at Schneirdelin at half time was brilliant!

Also, word to Ben Foster. Left footed keeper playing right footed because he has hurt his left, doesn't really show either.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
2-0 West Brom, bye-bye Atkins

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think we're in for a quality battle at the drop this season in the top flight, the better clubs are much better than the dross so plenty of clubs will be struggling down there and I think Wigan will go because they've started well, they'll crash badly is my prediction, ala Hull. Could be record points totals in 5th, 6th, 7th and maybe even 8th.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Even though it is Stains, this is a wake up call for those on here who want promotion this season. It's bloody tough in the Premiership

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we're in for a quality battle at the drop this season in the top flight, the better clubs are much better than the dross so plenty of clubs will be struggling down there and I think Wigan will go because they've started well, they'll crash badly is my prediction, ala Hull. Could be record points totals in 5th, 6th, 7th and maybe even 8th.

Wigan won't go down. They are not a bad side.

The bottom 3 are looking very dodgy already.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
2-0 West Brom, bye-bye Atkins

Strangely, I think Adkins is safe, too much goodwill from the last 2 seasons. If he is still there by January 31 st it will either mean there has been a massive turn around or the stains board are willing to stick with him, take the parachute payments, and try again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even though it is Stains, this is a wake up call for those on here who want promotion this season. It's bloody tough in the Premiership

Agreed. Can you imagine the howls of indignation on here if we were in Southampton's position?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wigan won't go down. They are not a bad side.

The bottom 3 are looking very dodgy already.

They are a bad side doing well. Hull didn't look in any trouble either, and then dropped like a stone. They were incredibly lucky to survive on the last day, I predict they'll struggle in the new year.

QPR will be fine, for me Southampton, Reading and Wigan will get relegated.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed. Can you imagine the howls of indignation on here if we were in Southampton's position?
If we were in Stains's position... there would be lots of empty seats, talk of a fans boycott and HUGE complaints about the catering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here