Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Tonight

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wigan & Swansea will be fine. Great coaches, established PL standard squads, and can beat most teams home or away on their day.

S'ton and Reading will be bottom 4. McDermott has an easy manner & the players seem to enjoy working with him ... which gives them a chance.

Swansea, no worries. But Wigan? I am happy to offer a gentlemans £10 wager, proceeds to REMF, that Wigan get relegated. I have a feeling.

I almost want Reading to survive because of how bald McDermott is. But he has a lot of work to do there.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Lot of misery on Saintsweb at the moment.

One poster suggested that Adkins told the players at half time they had 45 minutes to save his job, however they've barely raised their game this half, hardly a vote of confidence. Looks tactically naive to say the least, especially with such a leaky defence.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hats off to Clarke doing an incredible job at west brom

Is he? He has added Claudio Yacob and Romelu Lukaku to the team which finished 10th last season under the future England manager. West Brom was a club needing stability and organisation, Clarke was the perfect choice as head coach and I have a lot of time for them as a club. Well set up behind the scenes, shrewd investment in the squad and a good solid fanbase.

We'll be in that position before too much longer if we stick with Gustavo.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is he? He has added Claudio Yacob and Romelu Lukaku to the team which finished 10th last season under the future England manager. West Brom was a club needing stability and organisation, Clarke was the perfect choice as head coach and I have a lot of time for them as a club. Well set up behind the scenes, shrewd investment in the squad and a good solid fanbase.

We'll be in that position before too much longer if we stick with Gustavo.

if as I think you are suggesting he is merely ticking along Roy's work I think that is not giving him enough credit. Last seasons finish means nothing other than he inherited the basis of a sound squad.

Clarke has always been widely regarded as an excellent coach and with the pressure and raised eyebrows when he took the hotseat it's hard not to be impressed with what he is achieving so far this season

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Good to see Stains struggling. I feel a little sorry for Adkins though, which I didn't expect. Players are letting him down badly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lot of misery on Saintsweb at the moment.

One poster suggested that Adkins told the players at half time they had 45 minutes to save his job, however they've barely raised their game this half, hardly a vote of confidence. Looks tactically naive to say the least, especially with such a leaky defence.

Carnage on the Stains forum, lots of threads closed down by the mods tonight.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Strangely, I think Adkins is safe, too much goodwill from the last 2 seasons. If he is still there by January 31 st it will either mean there has been a massive turn around or the stains board are willing to stick with him, take the parachute payments, and try again.

Not a chance in hell. Gone by the end of the month.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Adkins seems devoid of ideas how to buy them even a point, so a fresh face is probably the only answer. But would be an interesting challenge for whoever comes in - has got to turn their useless defence around using the existing players, which is a tall order. Transfer window doesn't open for another 7 or 8 weeks, so can't buy their way out of immediate trouble either.

They probably need a svengali type like Harry to come in and give the players a lift. However Saints fans aren't happy at that idea either! Ha ha.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Even though it is Stains, this is a wake up call for those on here who want promotion this season. It's bloody tough in the Premiership

Its not exactly a piece of piss in the Championship...

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Never really had a problem with them in the past....then that fake tan, scouse (unt turned up and they've gone from being a nice, fluffy club to something i detest more than Chelsea now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
if as I think you are suggesting he is merely ticking along Roy's work I think that is not giving him enough credit. Last seasons finish means nothing other than he inherited the basis of a sound squad.

Clarke has always been widely regarded as an excellent coach and with the pressure and raised eyebrows when he took the hotseat it's hard not to be impressed with what he is achieving so far this season

I didn't word my post as I would have liked. I agree he is doing a good job, he has them well organised with a good balance in the team. He was the perfect appointment, as you rightly said he has a very good reputation as a coach with Mourinho, primarily. He is perfect for a role like he has been given as West Brom, but I think he wouldn't make a good club manager starting from scratch. The problem is, the point I wanted to make was irrelevant.

I hate West Brom it stems back to dodging a hail of bottles in the 80's trying to get to their shite ground, and then to cap the day off Dean Saunders missed a absolute sitter not one of the best away days.

Seems fair enough to me, I've never seen us play West Brom before!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its wet, it's blue, it's the sea, haven't you ever seen it before? (inlanders living north

What are Southampton playing at? They are southern club. Shouldn't be losing to the Midland pansies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here