Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shithousery

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Veltman has been winding opponents up for a while now. He is quality at it.
Since he joined. He’s just so sly about it, most people don’t notice. But I’ve always loved watching him standing on toes, little digs, putting his man off his game. He’s a master at it and most of the time nobody notices.

It’s a Bad Thing that he’s no longer going under the radar… his whole schtick is the wide-eyed innocence stuff with the referee, the offer of the handshake afterwards, all that stuff. We don’t want everyone wise to it, but it’s probably a bit too late for that to be fair

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
None of Veltman's stuff is quite cheating. I like it.
Bollocks. He's cheating all the time. But he gets away with it among refs and many neutrals because he's his cheating is sexy.
He cheats the way James Bond cheats.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Since he joined. He’s just so sly about it, most people don’t notice. But I’ve always loved watching him standing on toes, little digs, putting his man off his game. He’s a master at it and most of the time nobody notices.

It’s a Bad Thing that he’s no longer going under the radar… his whole schtick is the wide-eyed innocence stuff with the referee, the offer of the handshake afterwards, all that stuff. We don’t want everyone wise to it, but it’s probably a bit too late for that to be fair
All of this. The cat may not be fully out of the bag yet, but it's definitely peering out. Shame.
1729416776278.jpeg

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
He has so many fooled that more than half our fans haven’t noticed, and he’s been with us over four years :lol:
I still find his "go to" move of flopping forward at the slightest touch enjoyable, but it's the nuance and sheer range of his repertoire that is so impressive. The passive/aggressive style is truly his own. He makes pantomime shousers like Martinez look like amateurs.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Didn’t the shithousery start before a ball was kicked and forced Newcastle to change ends and attack their favoured end in the first half ?
Not sure that's just shithousery.
Apparently there's a pretty big slope at St James' park.
We played down the slope in the second half

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mostly his play goes unnoticed due to the location on the pitch. He wins freekicks in an area that takes the pressure off. If he was a forward doing the same he'd have been called out for it far more often.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He may be a cheating twat but he’s our cheating twat. :drink:

Maybe I've got the spectacles on, but I don't see it as cheating so much as gamesmanship. Like when Keown discusses strikers and explains how he'd be constantly nudging them to put them off their game etc. No one ever called that cheating.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure that's just shithousery.
Apparently there's a pretty big slope at St James' park.
We played down the slope in the second half
No apparently about it. It's a huge slope only have to see it on tv the drop from goal to goal is about 10ft

IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1125 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The fact that we/Veltman did it so expertly today againt that smug thundercunt Howe who has been doing it for 15 years, mainly under the radar and at our cost at times even going back to Withdean, is just beautiful!
Wasn't it one of Howe's teams, that when they were under pressure deep in their own penalty area, one of their players always went down holding their heads, so that the ref had no option other than stop the game.

Thankfully that's been stopped so that players with genuine head injuries aren't overlooked, but only to be replaced with going down with cramp.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wasn't it one of Howe's teams, that when they were under pressure deep in their own penalty area, one of their players always went down holding their heads, so that the ref had no option other than stop the game.

Thankfully that's been stopped so that players with genuine head injuries aren't overlooked, but only to be replaced with going down with cramp.
He’s been the manager of teams shit housing ever since he started but the media have only recently picked up on it. This game in particular still sticks in my craw all these years later which made yesterday even sweeter:

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s been the manager of teams shit housing ever since he started but the media have only recently picked up on it. This game in particular still sticks in my claw all these years later which made yesterday even sweeter.

Mine was away to Burnley under Poyet. Poyet had a tantrum and came and applauded the away fans while the game was still going on, and disappeared down the tunnel before full time. Vicente was different class and nobody was near his level. We lost.

It was constant time wasting and fake injuries the moment they went ahead. Miserable day out and Howe was extremely smug that day. Disliked him ever since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here