Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter....Right or Wrong?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Blatter isnt racist thats for sure. A twat ... thats a maybe.

I get his sentiment, if you abuse someone on a pitch in heat of the moment like some of us sunday league players do you pick on first thing to come to mind , sometimes this is big nosed/bald/fat/ginger/ bastard.

Whilst none of these are race, Just because someone uses race to fuel an insult does not mean they are a racist.

I can see what Blatter is saying but he is wrong to think he can get away with saying this .

I dont expect this to be met with anything other than hissy fits and wet knickers but ironically the black friends I have actually have not a lot of opinion on the whole thing including JT incident. Seems to be the PC brigade mostly getting menstrual for some reason.

It is such a dodgy subject to even discuss these days. People either have you in racist camp or not.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Should have gone years ago we (england) have def suffered over the years with him at the helm of world football the sooner he goes the better

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
he's right when he says women tennis players should wear tighter shorts to make it more interesting,other than that,he talks a load of shite

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He has just given an interview to Fox and apparently likened racism to bad language...twat, twat, twat...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blatter's certainly no racist. The Swiss slug will give the World Cup to whoever pays the most, colour of skin just isn't an issue with him.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It does seem though, we are the only country who actually think he has done wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does seem though, we are the only country who actually think he has done wrong.

I'm not too sure of this. I think his comments attract more attention and response here because of the recent Suarez (sp?) and Terry cases. What I am 100% certain of is that Platini will be FIFA boss when the next elections are held. This is a given, and maybe the reason most of the other Western European nations are simply rolling their eyes at these latest comments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he's right when he says women tennis players should wear tighter shorts to make it more interesting,other than that,he talks a load of shite

Why shorts? I quite like women tennis players to wear little skirts. Is he now on some sort of equality drive?

D

Deleted member 2719

Don't like being told to "discuss".
So I won't.
Guess your a teacher.

Wrong.

Should people search for other threads before posting new ones on the same subject? Discuss
Probably but for once didn't do a search as i was of the opinion news had just broke,i am so so sorry i have spoiled your day.

Blatter isnt racist thats for sure. A twat ... thats a maybe.

I get his sentiment, if you abuse someone on a pitch in heat of the moment like some of us sunday league players do you pick on first thing to come to mind , sometimes this is big nosed/bald/fat/ginger/ bastard.

Whilst none of these are race, Just because someone uses race to fuel an insult does not mean they are a racist.

I can see what Blatter is saying but he is wrong to think he can get away with saying this .

I dont expect this to be met with anything other than hissy fits and wet knickers but ironically the black friends I have actually have not a lot of opinion on the whole thing including JT incident. Seems to be the PC brigade mostly getting menstrual for some reason.

It is such a dodgy subject to even discuss these days. People either have you in racist camp or not.

Top post and the only one to have the balls to admit it.

Says alot about the rest of our limp society today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Did he? I though he said women footballers should wear more feminine clothes like in vollyball.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
ah! remember getting a quick glimpse of steffi graff's pure white nick-nacks at wimbledon one year

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I'm not too sure of this. I think his comments attract more attention and response here because of the recent Suarez (sp?) and Terry cases. What I am 100% certain of is that Platini will be FIFA boss when the next elections are held. This is a given, and maybe the reason most of the other Western European nations are simply rolling their eyes at these latest comments.

Okay, we are the only country who seem to be really talking about it and making noises. Agreed about Platini.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
that's what the tart on sky said this morning

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/882029-sepp-blatters-greatest-gaffes

The FIFA president suggested women should look more attractive when playing football:

'Come on, let's get women to play in different and more feminine garb than the men," Blatter told Sonntagsblick in a 2004 interview.

When asked if they should play in short skirts, Blatter said: 'No, but in tighter shorts for example. In volleyball women wear different clothes from the men. Beautiful women play football nowadays, excuse me for saying so.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/882029-sepp-blatters-greatest-gaffes

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Blatter has been to the Berlusconi, Murdoch and Duke of Edinburgh school of equalities, fairness and dignity. I don't think that generation get the subtleties of decent modern human relations. They live life in their own little bubbles, out of touch with reality and think it's the rest of us that have lost the plot.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe I'm not just not anti-Blatter enough, but I don't actually find myself offended or disgusted by what little he has said. I don't agree that racism should be shrugged off, or that a simple handshake after the match excuses what happened during it, but he hasn't said that racism doesn't matter and he hasn't said that he doesn't care about it. I think his words and his meanings have been misread for the purpose of creating another anti-Blatter story for us all to enjoy. I don't like the man, I think the man at the top of the football tree ought to have an ounce of understanding of what the game is about, but he's not the complete devil that people want to make him out to be.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/882029-sepp-blatters-greatest-gaffes

The FIFA president suggested women should look more attractive when playing football:

'Come on, let's get women to play in different and more feminine garb than the men," Blatter told Sonntagsblick in a 2004 interview.

When asked if they should play in short skirts, Blatter said: 'No, but in tighter shorts for example. In volleyball women wear different clothes from the men. Beautiful women play football nowadays, excuse me for saying so.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/882029-sepp-blatters-greatest-gaffes

i reckon she got her knickers in a twist,bless her

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Enough to make anyone walk away from football.

My cynical side thinks this is set up to antagonise the English FA. There are others but in reality we are the only country (and I classify the SFA in this too) who has had an attempt to really route out racism. So Blatter makes this totally ludicrous statement and all he will gain is to marginalise the FA further.

The man is a disgrace and merits sacking.

Definitely worth the FA breaking away and trying to use the Premier League power to bring the whole FIFA thing to a head. What is there to lose? Not much, really.

Also , as per usual , we stand up against tyranny and wrong doing.

Seb Fudder!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here