• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sepp Blatter, yesterday:

marmotp.jpg

THAT'S what happened to the one I lost a few years ago...

Seriously Graham Taylor of the PFA or whatever is in my view a first-class pretentious tosser and demanding Blatter's rermoval on this issue only confirms my suspicions of him.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm surprised there haven't been replies from some of our more, er, 'simplistic' posters along the lines of "Yeah, he's right, it's just banter innit? What's so wrong with calling a black **** a black ****? f***ing PC gone mad."

I guess because it's Blatter saying it and everybody in England thinks he's a complete twat. BTW is anyone surprised? We know he's a corrupt cheat, so finding out he's also a casual racist to boot was to be expected.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm surprised there haven't been replies from some of our more, er, 'simplistic' posters along the lines of "Yeah, he's right, it's just banter innit? What's so wrong with calling a black **** a black ****? f***ing PC gone mad."

I guess because it's Blatter saying it and everybody in England thinks he's a complete twat. BTW is anyone surprised? We know he's a corrupt cheat, so finding out he's also a casual racist to boot was to be expected.

I don't think it's just people in England that think he's a twat.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4517537 said:
next thing he'll be denying the Hollocaust!

But he will also say that his comment was misunderstood, making everything OK.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
This is just another in a long line of gaffe's by Blatter. He will stay in power though as we are a minority FA in the global game. He won a landslide election a few months ago. None of the other FA's are going to bite the hand that feeds. That is because Blatter/Fifa bribe most of them in return for the votes (allegedly). The only way he will be forced out of Fifa is if there is boycott of the sponsors who are linked with Fifa. If these sponsors then pull out, Fifa will be forced to act.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
This is just another in a long line of gaffe's by Blatter. He will stay in power though as we are a minority FA in the global game. He won a landslide election a few months ago. None of the other FA's are going to bite the hand that feeds. That is because Blatter/Fifa bribe most of them in return for the votes (allegedly). The only way he will be forced out of Fifa is if there is boycott of the sponsors who are linked with Fifa. If these sponsors then pull out, Fifa will be forced to act.

This.

he is long past his sell by date. Have the English FA got the guts to sound out other nations about a potential breakaway organisation?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
There is nothing wrong with Sepp Blatter, if you look past the fact that he is a fat egotistical England hating racist clueless twat, you'll probably find an alright bloke

No wait, he is an arsehole.

You forgot sexist. Who can forget the "Women should wear tighter shorts" comment

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I think there's a real opportunity for him to be overthown here. He was never going to go after the world cup bid debacle as he & the rest of FIFA saw that as sour grapes from us and was very much a localised issue. But this is a global issue affecting black and multi cultural players around the world. As has been mentioned before, the one thing that will force him out is if his paymasters (the sponsors) are actively targetted. Not just by fans but by players too. The advent of social media means that the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Stan Collymore, etc can (and certainly have the desire to) co-ordinate global activism amongst all players irrespective of race and colour to boycott FIFA's main sponsors. If it can be done to remove dictators like Gaddafi and Mubarak, etc, it can surely be done for Blatter too.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4517564 said:
I don't think it's just people in England that think he's a twat.

I bet his Mum thinks he's a twat as well

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
After that FIFA released an official statement on their website. Blatter, alongside a picture of him embracing a black man, claimed his comments had been 'misunderstood'.

His statement said: 'The statement said: 'I would like to make it very clear, I am committed to the fight against racism and any type of discrimination in football and in society.

'I have been personally leading this battle against racism in football, which FIFA has been fighting against throughout the past years through campaigns in all of our competitions such as the 'Say no to racism' campaign.

'I also know that racism unfortunately continues to exist in football, and I have never denied this. I know that it is a big problem in society, and that it also affects sport.

'I strongly believe that we should continue to fight all together against racism on and off the field of play, in order to eradicate this plague.

'My comments have been misunderstood. What I wanted to express is that, as football players, during a match, you have 'battles' with your opponents, and sometimes things are done which are wrong. But, normally, at the end of the match, you apologise to your opponent if you had a confrontation during the match, you shake hands, and when the game is over, it is over.

'Anyone who has played a football match, or a match in any sport, knows that this is the case.

'Having said that, I want to stress again that I do not want to diminish the dimension of the problem of racism in society and in sport. I am committed to fighting this plague and kicking it out of football.'

Read more: Sepp Blatter told to quit over racist storm | Mail Online

Essentially, I think what he is doing is equating racism to an over the top challenge. Even when reading the quote from the original interview he doesn't appear to me to be saying 'there's no racism in football', but that when it occurs on the pitch players should accept it as nothing personal, shake hands and move on. When an opponent tries to rough you up, at the end of the game you shake hands and put the fouling behind you. He's suggesting you do the same thing with racist comments.

During the discussion over the alleged Terry incident, there was the sub-discussion of whether it was possible to use racist language without being racist. Heat of the moment thing, or an attempt to wind up an opponent with something you suspect would work when you don't know enough about them to use anything more specific, etc. I don't really know. On the one hand there does seem a certain logic that you can, but on the other hand if you're not racist why is such language in your vocabulary? Why are you willing to use it when you know it's wrong?

That said, I would argue racism is different to roughing up an opponent. Roughing up an opponent is about competition, about admitting he is more skilful than you and you have to resort to thuggery. It is something that when you leave the pitch is something that does't come up again (generally speaking). You don't tug the guys shirt to pull him back when you're at the club bar, you don't rough him up to get out the door. Whereas racism is an attitude that continues after leaving the field. IT's not something so easily put behind you.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
HERE are some top things you didn’t know about 75-year-old Fifa boss Sepp Blatter ...

- He is a big fan of women wearing stockings. In 1971 he was elected president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders.

- Born in Visp, Switzerland, he is the son of a chemical factory worker. He was offered a contract by Swiss team Lausanne Sport FC but his dad told him football would not pay.

- He worked as a PR man for a tourist board, was involved in organising the 1972 Olympic Games and was also general secretary of the Swiss Ice Hockey Federation.

- He started working for Fifa in 1975 and has been president since 1998. His salary is around £600,000.

- In 2002 he was cleared of allegations of financial mismanagement. He speaks German, French, English, Spanish and Italian.

- He caused anger in 2004 by saying of women’s football: “Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball... for example, tighter shorts.”

- On homosexuality he said: “There are gay footballers, but they don’t declare it because it will not be accepted in these macho organisations.”

- He has been married three times, most recently to former dolphin trainer Graziella, 26 years his junior.

- His only daughter Corinne manages his presidential campaigns.

- His hobbies include sudoku.

- In July 2008 he bizarrely compared highly-paid footballers to slaves.

- Dubbed “a man who has 50 ideas a day, 51 of them bad”, he once considered scrapping the offside rule and widening the goalmouth by half a metre.

- He oversaw the rule which sees players booked for taking their shirts off during goal celebrations.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Two more

In 2010, Blatter said gay fans going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should "refrain from sexual activity".

When John Terry was stripped of the England captaincy in 2010 following an alleged affair, Blatter suggested the player would be "applauded" in Latin countries.

The man is either a bloody good wind up merchant or a complete and utter fool

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the TV footage of the moment when it was announced that Russia was to host the 2018 World Cup tells you all you need to know about FIFA. It runs on hookers and criminals. And money. Lots and lots of money.

Then they announced who was going to host the 2022 tournament...

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Two more

In 2010, Blatter said gay fans going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal, should "refrain from sexual activity".

When John Terry was stripped of the England captaincy in 2010 following an alleged affair, Blatter suggested the player would be "applauded" in Latin countries.

The man is either a bloody good wind up merchant or a complete and utter fool

Why i hate the man, why are people having a go at Sepp over this, he has not made homer sexuality illegal, just stating Gays shouldnt show it in public as its illegal and they will be locked up

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why i hate the man, why are people having a go at Sepp over this, he has not made homer sexuality illegal, just stating Gays shouldnt show it in public as its illegal and they will be locked up

I think it was because he view on the matter was along teh lines of, well stop doing it then, rather than feeling any discomfort about having just awarded the World Cup to a country that is so full of prejudice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here