Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia V England

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Adding on to that, this has been coming for a while...it will get worse before it gets better....Scotland have been rebuilding the youth set up etc....look at the results!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Have to particularly agree about Gerrard. He's had two back to back shockers. If it had been Lamps he'd be getting dogs abuse for it...

Cant disagree Sir.

That was a sitter he missed, I await the its the pitch crap from England.

That stuff is like playing on grass, Simple fact is we were not up for the fight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am a bit surprised at the lack of grief the ref is getting for awarding a diabolical penalty...

Yes it was rather shite wasnt it.

However if Gerrard had put that chance away it would not have mattered, Its the easy way out to blame the ref.

But I suspect we will here it was him that cost us a place in the finals, not the 0-0 at home to one of the groups lesser sides, a tactical f*** up in croatia and a gutless showing today.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
And another thing!!!

Why oh why does everyone go on like we are number 1 seeded nation....what right have we to say that???

FOURTY ONE years ago, we last won something as a national football team! Is that one of the worlds great football nations? Not in my book!

We have one of if not the best football leagues in the world, anything else I struggle with?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have to say that was complete and utter rubbish, when we defended you could barely put a cigarette paper between defence and midfield so we had no options to attack...we were lucky not to lose by more. All I can say is, thank goodness for club football, if the Albion were as bad as England life would be miserable.

All hail the Scots, they play with passion and commitment, although they normally bottle it and beat their post cards home from tournaments it doesn't look like England will be bothering the postal system at all.

Arrrrggggghhhhhh.

We have one of if not the best football leagues in the world, anything else I struggle with?

One of the best leagues in the world-geared up to make foreign players filthy rich with no regard to the impact on the national side.

Time the FA handed over the running of the England team to somebody competent-and by that I don't mean to simply replace McRuddy: the FA are incompetent.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some of the criticism here on today's performance is very harsh. We had the game won, had two great chances to seal it and missed them. Russia played OK, and a draw would have been a fair result.

The penalty was at least a yard outside the box, and it's all very well saying 'we didn't lose because of that', but err, yes we did. At least partially. And Robbo was at fault for the second goal, all keepers are taught in that situation to push it wide, f**k knows why he didn't. Apart from he's an out of form t*sser, obviously.

Away from tonight's match, the key games were the draws with Macedonia at home and Israel away, and maybe if you lose to your two main rivals you don't deserve it anyway.

And I must say I'm getting a bit pissed off with all these people whingeing on about how England have no right to expect to qualify. Yes we do. Our world ranking, playing personnel, group opposition and domestic league justify those expectations.

I fully expect Russia to win in Israel, that's June well and truly ruined.

McClaren afterwards: "We've got to make sure Israel get a result against Russia." HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT, YOU CLOWN?

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
Meanwhile, the fans stumble upon a secret weapon in the battle to get past the local police after the game.

TankvsPie.jpg

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
And I must say I'm getting a bit pissed off with all these people whingeing on about how England have no right to expect to qualify. Yes we do. Our world ranking, playing personnel, group opposition and domestic league justify those expectations.

QUOTE]

Please do explain why that justifies us to beat "Lesser Nations to England" on why we should expect to be beating these teams!

We have just as much right as the likes of Greece, Scotland etc etc to fight our way to the finals without expecting to be there because we are England :glare:

I didnt see the game as I am at work, but I get frustrated hearing poeple moaning (in general I mean and not on here) that we havent beaten this team or that because we are England!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

QUOTE]

Please do explain why that justifies us to beat "Lesser Nations to England" on why we should expect to be beating these teams!

We have just as much right as the likes of Greece, Scotland etc etc to fight our way to the finals without expecting to be there because we are England :glare:

I didnt see the game as I am at work, but I get frustrated hearing poeple moaning (in general I mean and not on here) that we havent beaten this team or that because we are England!

I've just listed the reasons - and you've asked what they are. Again. I suggest you read posts before replying, I'm not at my most tolerant after that result. Are you seriously saying our sights should be set no higher than Scotland? You're on your own if you are.

Steven Gerrard - PRICK

You're right-he lost the game all by himself....forgetting Gooney clattering a Russian near the penalty area, Richards missing a good chance, SWP going AWOL and..oh, I can't be bothered

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Have to say that was complete and utter rubbish, when we defended you could barely put a cigarette paper between defence and midfield so we had no options to attack...we were lucky not to lose by more. All I can say is, thank goodness for club football, if the Albion were as bad as England life would be miserable.

All hail the Scots, they play with passion and commitment, although they normally bottle it and beat their post cards home from tournaments it doesn't look like England will be bothering the postal system at all.

Arrrrggggghhhhhh.

Your comment just shows how little you know about football and how England supporters sway from either being worl beaters or a disagrace to the country...........how can you say we were lucky not to lose by more? 'If the Albion were as bad as England then life would be miserable' has to be the quote of the year...lol....five 3-0 wins in a row would be lovely for the albion !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here