Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We are unlikely to see NK troops on the frontline.

The language barrier, lack of recent military experience, and lack of available troops would be the main barriers.

More likely they will be behind the scenes. Engineers, logistics etc

Freeing more Russian cannon fodder up to go and get turned into mince on the various fronts.

Although, I suppose the Russian generals could just put a gun in the NK troops hands and kindly point them towards incoming artillery fire.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Too much reacting to what the enemy is doing.

They need to get on the offensive. Take the fight to them.
Exactly - the west needs to act, and allow Ukraine to act, the same as Russia (without the civilian atrocities).

I'm finding it laughable the more I think about post 17127. How will there be proof to South Korea that any North Korean troops are seen on the front line? They are unlikely to be wearing their own uniforms. Their facial looks could have similarities to the ethnic minorities Russia mobilises from its Eastern provinces 🤷🏼‍♂️. Maybe they'll be kind enough to wave their flags, or Kim will announce it on TV.
Still, I hope European countries are at least buying shells from South Korea for Ukraine.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
An interesting if, ultimately, unsurprising report.
So, if Iran goes nuclear then the US won't knock out their missiles ... there's an incentive for them.
Re the Russian missiles and drones that stray into Poland and Romanian air space...ffs NATO, let those countries shoot them down at least.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
You're older than you look 😏.
Spot on👍- and against the most enormous odds.
I've aged well!
Especially taking his background into account, to deal with this appalling war with such an incredible combination of dignity, passion, ability and energy is unbelievable. I can't begin to imagine the strain he must have been and continue to be under every minute of every day.
I hope with all my heart that Ukraine prevail

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've aged well!
Especially taking his background into account, to deal with this appalling war with such an incredible combination of dignity, passion, ability and energy is unbelievable. I can't begin to imagine the strain he must have been and continue to be under every minute of every day.
I hope with all my heart that Ukraine prevail
And Zelenskiy cares about his people, really cares - this is an immense additional daily strain that Putin certainly doesn't have.
The only part of his earlier acting/comedy career that helped prepare Zelenskiy for this role (IMO) was his ability to communicate and his (and his colleagues) ability to frame certain early videos/announcements well (and sincerely).
No training in politics, military, international relations... He's summoned it all from within. A true leader.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Ukraine will become 33rd or 34th member of NATO' — Mark Rutte

Linked article:

But note the last sentence:

'However, US envoy to NATO Julianne Smith earlier noted that NATO does not plan to invite Ukraine to join the Alliance in the near future.'

I'm hoping that this ambiguity in the public domain is intentional. Perhaps the threat of Ukraine joining NATO is worth delaying pulling the lever.

Edit: 33rd or 34th raises the question, who else is in the frame? Moldova? Georgia?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
'Ukraine will become 33rd or 34th member of NATO' — Mark Rutte

Linked article:

But note the last sentence:

'However, US envoy to NATO Julianne Smith earlier noted that NATO does not plan to invite Ukraine to join the Alliance in the near future.'

I'm hoping that this ambiguity in the public domain is intentional. Perhaps the threat of Ukraine joining NATO is worth delaying pulling the lever.

Edit: 33rd or 34th raises the question, who else is in the frame? Moldova? Georgia?

Georgia unlikely with the Russian occupation/ neighborhood. Moldova, yes could be.
If Trump gets in of course all the puzzle pieces could get thrown up in the air.
Putin won't want Moldova in so Trump wouldn't allow it.
If Moldova were invited then Russia will cause immense trouble in Transnistria.

The more I think about it, maybe Rutte means the Vatican as 33 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here