Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reasonble punishment for anyone playing or singing a long with "Freed from Desire"?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We had Prasie You, for years, that was original, no other club had it, and the song writer has a connection to the club, Swindon play XTC after every goal at the county ground, I don't often agree with the OP, but he's spot on this song is a method of torture, the song is shit, at least Chase The Sun by Planet Funk has connection to a player. No one had the intelligence as well to play XTC after we beat Palace last year as well.
Out of curiosity, when you can see and hear so many people seemingly enjoying it, do you believe they're doing so against their own will?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As a one off, yeah im sure football tourists would love it. But every bloody game.

I feel the same way about FFD as I do people who go to the same destination and hotel every year on holiday…

There is always more out there to enjoy.

p.s
There has been some great shouts, but I’d go for a bit of James Brown….
I feel good…. na na na na na na naa
But it’s not every bloody game is it……wish it was we’d be winning every single one….but even then some but not the majority would be groaning ….geez some people 🤦‍♂️

Dear Fab….could you please instruct the team not to win games because I and a few others don’t like the tune played after victories …I know this might mean relegation, but it would make me and those few others feel so much happier….oh and is there any chance you could use those pig skin leather footballs ..and wear long shorts …….oh and none of those coloured boots
yours sincerely
Grumpy Old Gits

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So in the Red corner we have the Freed from desire singers and in the Blue corner we have the 80 minute leaving that don’t even know what Freed for desire is. No low blows. keep it clean
I love freed from desire, and have it on my iPOD.

And I normally leave at 85 minutes.

Where do I stand?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I'm torn, as it's fairly situational - I'd rather leave the stadium to "Praise You" but stick around and celebrate to "Freed from Desire".

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
A copy & edit from what I said on the 'atmosphere' thread.....

"Kudos to the Japanese couple in front of us (I'm assuming they were Japanese), they were probably early 60's but I'm rubbish at judging age. Freed From Desire played & after having a little look around to see what everyone was doing, started bouncing around with the rest of us! Sorry @Han Solo it's a track that everyone can get involved with & creates a sense of unity, no words to learn & you can decide how much you want to participate. Clapping, scarf twirling (I finally mastered that during the Europa league matches) or just dancing around looking like a tw*t. That is pretty much my sequence. 😂"

It's about the unity, something everyone can be a part of, no matter how old we are or where we come from.
The tw*t bit from me is whether to keep clapping or do the air pumping with the chorus or just watch everyone else in the moment. I love it and it looks really good on TV when they show the crowd shots. As for scarf twirling, that’s a bit early in the season for the old muffler as it’s not cold enough. I will admit to being adept at strangling nearby fans as my twirling technique isn’t as it should be. I shall practice in the comfort of my own home. :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Out of curiosity, when you can see and hear so many people seemingly enjoying it, do you believe they're doing so against their own will?
its lazy

people will stay and would sing happy birthday if it was played VOLUME 10 in the post match excitement.

There are other tunes out there that would engage and whip up the crowd even more than freed from desire ( which would still have a place )

Praise you is decent but it doesn't fit the immediate post match as crowd cant join in en masse

That song we seem to be singing more and more ( pompey sing it too) , thats also a cheesy dance classic. Will add the name when it comes to me der , der der der , der der der ........ Brighton

That would work and at least is one of our songs , just need variety

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had Prasie You, for years, that was original, no other club had it, and the song writer has a connection to the club, Swindon play XTC after every goal at the county ground, I don't often agree with the OP, but he's spot on this song is a method of torture, the song is shit, at least Chase The Sun by Planet Funk has connection to a player. No one had the intelligence as well to play XTC after we beat Palace last year as well.
If you really want a FBS track then Praise You won’t keep the crowds jumping. Maybe Right Here, Right Now?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Agree, but it’s not a singalong track is it……… :shrug:
Correct... Praise You is a good tune but it's not the required singalong victory celebration. I don't mind FFD as the kids enjoy it, but my objection is the DJ starting it too soon and drowning out the singing that was just starting to build...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you really want a FBS track then Praise You won’t keep the crowds jumping. Maybe Right Here, Right Now?
Praise You is a bit slow. It needs a decent remix to be viable for a post win party.

But I really dislike 'Freed from Desire' but then I'm a miserable middle age man so not it's intended audience.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If we're going to play a 90s dance banger I'd rather

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here