Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reasonble punishment for anyone playing or singing a long with "Freed from Desire"?

As previously mentioned on this thread it gained new found popularity after Wigan fans adopted it for Will Grigg in 2016. Since then it’s never really been away.
I guess I never had Wigan tagged as a hotbed of 90s eurodance - what next Haddaway terrace chants

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think Freed from Desire is crap, bring back Praise You, every club does it and its boring, like every non league club singing '[x club] is massive everywhere they go', I liked that Praise You was unique.
Yep another vote here for 'Praise You'. Or at the very least Freed from desire & then praise you. Any FAB members still on here to ask about this?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I just can't understand why people want to sing this generic shite instead of a song about their team or match winning players. It's not necessary in away games so why have it at home?

Hopefully one of those things in a few years time, people look back on and ask 'what the f*** was all that about?'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Get what Swanny is saying. It's the same with every town/city having the same shops, it's a bit sad to see so many clubs just doing the exact same thing instead of celebrating our differences, feels like an extension of the commercial premier league product. Can see how it could appear alien from afar.
Sorry but I think you are wrong ..an extension of commercial premier league product? Really? It only gets played when we’ve won! …..people of all ages etc love it ..and the moaners should really just accept it …

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just can't understand why people want to sing this generic shite instead of a song about their team or match winning players. It's not necessary in away games so why have it at home?

Hopefully one of those things in a few years time, people look back on and ask 'what the f*** was all that about?'

OMG 🤦‍♂️

I’m hoping it’ll continue for a while yet

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if insist on music post match at least mix it up and show some imagination

barn storming 5-0 win - freed from desire
messy 1-0 - freed from desire
routine 2-0 - freed from desire

Missing a trick if have to play music

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I think Freed from Desire is crap, bring back Praise You, every club does it and its boring, like every non league club singing '[x club] is massive everywhere they go', I liked that Praise You was unique.
Up the BPM just a bit & I'd agree with you. It would be bloody amazing if we could all do from 0.30 to 0.54 in time!!! :clap:
7 different members of NSC should be nominated for each home game to do the entire dance, pitch side if we win. Straws will have to be drawn to see who gets the guy in the stripey top role. 😁

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0615.jpeg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry but I think you are wrong ..an extension of commercial premier league product? Really? It only gets played when we’ve won! …..people of all ages etc love it ..and the moaners should really just accept it …
And change the words eg "Welbeck's on fire, your defence is terrified ect

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Swanny hasn’t set foot inside our stadium, so how can he judge?
Look at @LamieRobertson video from Sunday, where the East Stand is celebrating, clapping and even singing the na na chorus. It takes a lot to get those sleepyheads going, so who cares what some Swede on the internet thinks?

And what Swanny isn’t realising is that it is played when the players do a post-match victory lap so it‘s as much about the fans showing appreciation to the winning team as much as anything else - the players love the interaction. Watching Enciso and Sarmiento dancing in front of the NS in 22/23 was pure gold.

Last edited:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My 10 year old absolutely loves it. And that makes me enjoy it.

Helps add a bit of atmosphere since 1/3 of the crowd has already left.

If you don't enjoy it then join the 1/3 that leaves early or leave bang on the final whistle.

Can't please everyone.

NSC is now a small percentage of the fans we have in the grand scheme of things. Nearly everything has changed in the last 10 years.

Good job it isn't the voice it once was.

Post match music? Booooo
Early leavers? Boooo
Train queues? Boooo
Lack of half time food? Booo
Change of pre-match routine? Booo
NS completely unable to sing at correct tempo? Boooo
Drum? Boooo
Move away fans? Boooo
Bottle lids? Boooo
No slide to the station platform? Boooo
Monorail? Boooo
Loyalty point system? Boooo.....

The list is endless.

Christ alive we just witnessed one of the, if not the best comeback in modern times and people are whining about music after the final whistle.🙄

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And change the words eg "Welbeck's on fire, your defence is terrified ect
My lads already sing that, very much chips off the old block when it comes to Welbz love!

All the kids love FFD and so does this 42 year old! I don’t care what anyone says or how many other clubs play it, I think it’s great and want it to stay!

But Praise You straight after would be good too.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think it's like Brexit, people have been brainwashed into thinking it's good. I've still not seen anyone make a good case for Freed from Desire is why it's better than the crowd at The Amex* having a good old sing song about the Albion

*or every other club in the land including f***ing Bournemouth and Reading.

People have gone absolutely mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here