Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Reasonble punishment for anyone playing or singing a long with "Freed from Desire"?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I just can't understand why people want to sing this generic shite instead of a song about their team or match winning players. It's not necessary in away games so why have it at home?

Hopefully one of those things in a few years time, people look back on and ask 'what the f*** was all that about?'
It’s the PL.

Another reason on a mountainous heap of reasons I can’t stand the PL.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I think it's like Brexit, people have been brainwashed into thinking it's good. I've still not seen anyone make a good case for Freed from Desire is why it's better than the crowd at The Amex* having a good old sing song about the Albion

*or every other club in the land including f***ing Bournemouth and Reading.

People have gone absolutely mad.
A copy & edit from what I said on the 'atmosphere' thread.....

"Kudos to the Japanese couple in front of us (I'm assuming they were Japanese), they were probably early 60's but I'm rubbish at judging age. Freed From Desire played & after having a little look around to see what everyone was doing, started bouncing around with the rest of us! Sorry @Han Solo it's a track that everyone can get involved with & creates a sense of unity, no words to learn & you can decide how much you want to participate. Clapping, scarf twirling (I finally mastered that during the Europa league matches) or just dancing around looking like a tw*t. That is pretty much my sequence. 😂"

It's about the unity, something everyone can be a part of, no matter how old we are or where we come from.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's like Brexit, people have been brainwashed into thinking it's good. I've still not seen anyone make a good case for Freed from Desire is why it's better than the crowd at The Amex* having a good old sing song about the Albion
Twaddle. I enjoy what I enjoy, and haven’t been brainwashed. That’s on you not being able to understand why others enjoy it.
I like Praise You as well, don’t like Ring of Fire nor Sweet Caroline.

HillBarnTillIDie

Jul 2, 2011
A copy & edit from what I said on the 'atmosphere' thread.....

"Kudos to the Japanese couple in front of us (I'm assuming they were Japanese), they were probably early 60's but I'm rubbish at judging age. Freed From Desire played & after having a little look around to see what everyone was doing, started bouncing around with the rest of us! Sorry @Han Solo it's a track that everyone can get involved with & creates a sense of unity, no words to learn & you can decide how much you want to participate. Clapping, scarf twirling (I finally mastered that during the Europa league matches) or just dancing around looking like a tw*t. That is pretty much my sequence. 😂"

It's about the unity, something everyone can be a part of, no matter how old we are or where we come from.
As a one off, yeah im sure football tourists would love it. But every bloody game.

I feel the same way about FFD as I do people who go to the same destination and hotel every year on holiday…

There is always more out there to enjoy.

p.s
There has been some great shouts, but I’d go for a bit of James Brown….
I feel good…. na na na na na na naa

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s beyond boring. I wish every club had more imagination or just left us fans to it instead of this enforced rubbish.
Sweet Caroline is another one used over and over. Used to quite like it, now I find a bit irritating

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As a one off, yeah im sure football tourists would love it. But every bloody game.
Is it ‘every game’, I know it feels like it but thought it was just when we win? To celebrate like.

This could also work as an alternative (Listen to Brighton ‘Roar’!)

But would prefer a real Brighton connection -

Obviously “Praise You“ is top of the list for most of us

And I’ll vote for me old mates, the Piranhas for a great losing song

Please gawd - anything but Hey Jude

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Praise you has a local connection, plus it was used every week before FFD, yeah it’s just not for me, people enjoy their selves but Praise You just felt special. I always like that City play Wonderwall with it being a connection to a fan, it works well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Praise you has a local connection, plus it was used every week before FFD, yeah it’s just not for me, people enjoy their selves but Praise You just felt special. I always like that City play Wonderwall with it being a connection to a fan, it works well.
Agree, but it’s not a singalong track is it……… :shrug:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, but FFD seems to get everyone jumping (after a win). Praise You won’t
Just seems inane to me, was absolutely fine with Praise You in the championship. The song is a blight on society, its just a crap song, every club someone is playing it, every bar someone is playing it, every away ground someone is playing it, a bit of originality would go far for once.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just seems inane to me, was absolutely fine with Praise You in the championship. The song is a blight on society, its just a crap song, every club someone is playing it, every bar someone is playing it, every away ground someone is playing it, a bit of originality would go far for once.
We’ve had originality. At Withdean, we had that awful parody Seagulls Ska by @attila after a win.

Despite your loathing, Freed from Desire is popular at the moment. That, too, will pass.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We’ve had originality. At Withdean, we had that awful parody Seagulls Ska by @attila after a win.

Despite your loathing, Freed from Desire is popular at the moment. That, too, will pass.
We had Prasie You, for years, that was original, no other club had it, and the song writer has a connection to the club, Swindon play XTC after every goal at the county ground, I don't often agree with the OP, but he's spot on this song is a method of torture, the song is shit, at least Chase The Sun by Planet Funk has connection to a player. No one had the intelligence as well to play XTC after we beat Palace last year as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here