Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/03/21

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fullham will be rooting for us tomorrow to keep their gap to the team above them down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hammer blow for Fulham, bigged up for 3 points and abject failure and they looked bad as well.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Fullham will be rooting for us tomorrow to keep their gap to the team above them down.

Correct. Reading some of their fans thoughts tonight, most fearing the worst, but some feel their best chance now is for us to win tomorrow and then they beat the Geordies at their place.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hammer blow for Fulham, bigged up for 3 points and abject failure and they looked bad as well.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind

Hopefully lessons learned for some here who were bigging up Fulham as being better or as good as us.

There’s a reason they’ve been in the zone all season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Surely cant help Fulhams fight that they have 6 players going back to parent club at end of season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully lessons learned for some here who were bigging up Fulham as being better or as good as us.

There’s a reason they’ve been in the zone all season.

Obviously I hope you’re right, but I’m holding back from saying that we’re staying up, they’re down.

A win tomorrow and some other points gathering and I’ll be as confident as you.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Every preview I saw this week of the Fulham v Leeds game backed a Fulham win and I wanted to say that it really seemed like a time when pundits were letting recency bias overcome sense, but didn't want to jinx anything by saying it aloud. Other than us and Wolves, Leeds have generally beaten the teams below them, but have mostly lost to the teams above them this season. It was never going to be easy for Fulham. I should add that I also worry that most seem to be calling tomorrow's game for us when we are the draw kings, never win at home and are playing a team that have been drawing a lot and will be setting themselves up not to concede. I don't fancy us to win, but I hope this time, that I have jinxed this prediction by saying it out loud.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Obviously I hope you’re right, but I’m holding back from saying that we’re staying up, they’re down.

A win tomorrow and some other points gathering and I’ll be as confident as you.

Oh agree.. we’re not safe yet at all. Still got some work to do.

But we shouldn’t be scared of Fulham.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every preview I saw this week of the Fulham v Leeds game backed a Fulham win and I wanted to say that it really seemed like a time when pundits were letting recency bias overcome sense, but didn't want to jinx anything by saying it aloud. Other than us and Wolves, Leeds have generally beaten the teams below them, but have mostly lost to the teams above them this season. It was never going to be easy for Fulham. I should add that I also worry that most seem to be calling tomorrow's game for us when we are the draw kings, never win at home and are playing a team that have been drawing a lot and will be setting themselves up not to concede. I don't fancy us to win, but I hope this time, that I have jinxed this prediction by saying it out loud.

I took it as a bias to Fulham from pundits and writers who’d love their favourite second club to stay up.

At the same time irrationally dismissive of Leeds, who ended the $$$$Abramovich winning run, time and time again notching EPL wins.

Lovely to see any media narrative go down the pan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh agree.. we’re not safe yet at all. Still got some work to do.

But we shouldn’t be scared of Fulham.

My fear with Fulham was that their unprecedented changing of almost the entire team in October (as they embarked on an unprecedented buying and spending spree), gave them so much pace and guile up front.

Wins at Goodison and The King Power .... if only we could do that.

Their defence has been pretty good since they replaced their entire defence.

But like Newcastle, Albion, Stains and Burnley, they suffer from players not tucking away chances in the moment. Thank God.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My fear with Fulham was that their unprecedented changing of almost the entire team in October (as they embarked on an unprecedented buying and spending spree), gave them so much pace and guile up front.

Wins at Goodison and The King Power .... if only we could do that.

Their defence has been pretty good since they replaced their entire defence.

But like Newcastle, Albion, Stains and Burnley, they suffer from players not tucking away chances in the moment. Thank God.

As my Brentford supporting friend says: "they've borrowed a team, not built one". That is no basis for anything.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Predictions of a Fulham win were fanciful. They are almost as poor at home as we are, and Leeds have performed exceptionally well against most of the teams below them (with one delightful exception). About the only thing in Fulham's favour was Leeds' poor record in London.

What I found weird this evening was Sky Sports insisting that Fulham had played brilliantly and been unlucky, even though Scott Parker himself admitted that the better team had won. If not for Leeds' abysmal defending at a corner, they would have strolled home. Kelly Cates even had the nerve to wonder if Parker had been watching the same game. I thought it was she who had seen something that nobody else had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here