Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/03/21

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My feeling is the collective sigh that comes from the crowd if a cross is over hit, or pass misplaced, is damaging to anyone's confidence, and my opinion is that Solly has benefitted from that not being present, and has been more consistent this season than any other, not just last season.
It has also been said in the past by senior players that some of the stuff he does in training is amazing, but we don't see that as often on matchday. I hope I am wrong and he is just as consistent when we are all back, or the run of form has shown him that he needs to work on maintaining confidence after a mistake, but either way, I don't think it is a ridiculous or far fetched opinion to have. However, believing his ability to put a decent cross in when he gets the chance, depending on how much defensive work he has to do, I do find a bit odd.

Solly has always been a player that divides opinion.

Some of us believe that Solly has been one of our most consistent players for a very long time.
Comparison of his performance stats bear this out.

In my personal opinion I believe that he just hasn't developed into the type of player many of us thought he would become.
Many of our fans see this as him failing, rather than developing into a completely different type of player.

By comparison Knockaert is the type of player we thought Solly would become.
But he could be thrilling or absolutely dire at this level. More often the latter.

The thing with Solly is that he doesn't massively excel in any particular area.
He is just consistently decent at all aspects of his game.(heading apart)

I think this is why LWB suits him so well.

In regards to things that players find amazing in training but crowds don't.
I think that just shows the difference in what crowds see as valuable from a player.

Solly's ability to control a crossfield pass is exceptional, but often warrants little more than a ripple around the crowd.
Whereas Lamptey's ability to run fast will get a crowd off it's feet 10 times out of 10.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Swansea vs Cardiff will be a perfect warm-up game

Watched a couple of Championship games today, think I might warm up with Everton beating Citeh, you never know...

We should beat Newcastle tonight, but I predict it could be a draw..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Watched a couple of Championship games today, think I might warm up with Everton beating Citeh, you never know...

We should beat Newcastle tonight, but I predict it could be a draw..

Currently watching Swansea Cardiff but the commentator is doing my swede in.....all his stupid little comments......'Cardiff will be rocking now' ( doubt it pubs are closed)

Sorry if you heard a naughty word....( dont watch then)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can see us beating newcastle, going 3 clear of them, 6 clear of fulham, and lots of people talking as if it's job done, offering olive branches to potter outs, trolling john barnes, then we lose v man utd, everton and chelsea while Necastle and Fulham pick up points and close the gap and everyone starting to worry again.

Uhoh. I'm already seeing potter out threads being bumped (well, the still in denial one), people posting as if it's a foregone conclusion we're safe. I hope that is as right as this post gets.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Uhoh. I'm already seeing potter out threads being bumped (well, the still in denial one), people posting as if it's a foregone conclusion we're safe. I hope that is as right as this post gets.

I highly doubt it will but It would be very Brighton for this to happen. If the players can maintain focus then we're as good as safe but we've definitely had examples in the past of us getting a good result, the players thinking its job done in terms of PL survival & then the quality quickly drops. Things can quickly change, especially as we now have 3 difficult games coming.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Just for the record no olive branches or threads bumped by me!

(And i definitely don’t think we’re 100% safe yet, but we’ve got one foot in).

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
3 nil Hammers......oh how i hope they give The Arse a good trousering......we have too many cocky gooners in our office..:)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
WTF is going on in this game? Should be 10-10. Defending is woeful.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alli in flip-flops and gloves.

'Nuff said.

Grealish in....who knows?

ExB65K1WYAAG7ee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here