Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/03/21

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Cant see them going down if Bielsa stays and get to sign a defender or two

What like the two internationals we signed last summer maybe?

Perhaps worth mentioning that when Robin Koch came on at 93 minutes tonight it was the first time that he and Diego Llorente have been on the pitch at the same time since they signed

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tell him I agree. I'm sick of hearing how well Scott Parker has done to knit a team of loan players together. How about signing your own players?

Not exactly obscure players either:

Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea & 10 England caps.
Lemina - 4 years in the EPL.
Lookman - Everton & Leipzig.
Areola - Ex-PSG & French caps.
Aina - Torino, England all age groups, then chose Nigeria.
Andersen - Sampdoria & Lyon.

Their 2020/21 wage bill will be high.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
We all believe that the Albion are the better team out of the three currently fighting to avoid the third relegation place, but as yet it's by know means certain.

Over the past few seasons there have been times when us Albion fans were accused and called out by certain factions that we were the cause of our players underperforming at the Amex Stadium, things like we were making our players nervous & putting too much pressure on them to perform, that's why our home form was poor they said.

Well this season has certainly put paid to all that BOLLOX.

Of course we don't put our players off, we support them as best we can, whenever we can, that's what we do. If we were there tomorrow we'd be cheering to the rafters and beyond trying to get them over the line.

The home results have been frustratingly poor, tomorrow it's up to the Albion players to prove to us that they can rise to the challenge and in the process rekindle the Amex Stadium into becoming our fortress where other teams fear to tread. :amex:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can see us beating newcastle, going 3 clear of them, 6 clear of fulham, and lots of people talking as if it's job done, offering olive branches to potter outs, trolling john barnes, then we lose v man utd, everton and chelsea while Necastle and Fulham pick up points and close the gap and everyone starting to worry again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can’t see Fulham getting more than 10 points from 8 games now. That that’s being generous as they tend to draw an awful lot.

That means we need two wins and a draw from 10 games as I think we’ll have a stronger goal difference at the end of the season.

I suspect we’ll have to wait until deep into may to get to 36 points as that is our way, let’s hope we can keep hold of our beans until then.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We all believe that the Albion are the better team out of the three currently fighting to avoid the third relegation place, but as yet it's by know means certain.

Over the past few seasons there have been times when us Albion fans were accused and called out by certain factions that we were the cause of our players underperforming at the Amex Stadium, things like we were making our players nervous & putting too much pressure on them to perform, that's why our home form was poor they said.

Well this season has certainly put paid to all that BOLLOX.

Of course we don't put our players off, we support them as best we can, whenever we can, that's what we do. If we were there tomorrow we'd be cheering to the rafters and beyond trying to get them over the line.

The home results have been frustratingly poor, tomorrow it's up to the Albion players to prove to us that they can rise to the challenge and in the process rekindle the Amex Stadium into becoming our fortress where other teams fear to tread. :amex:

Solly March and Webster have looked better without the fans in the stadium, might just be settling in to a partnership with Dunk for Webster, but for Solly I do believe he was performing better due to lack of the crowd pressure.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

They did?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Solly March and Webster have looked better without the fans in the stadium, might just be settling in to a partnership with Dunk for Webster, but for Solly I do believe he was performing better due to lack of the crowd pressure.

I think the difference in Solly is primarily the change in position to LWB.
He's been given a consistent run in that position and it suits him.
Last season he was used as a utility player, playing in various positions.

A good number of our supporters just see him as the attacking left winger he was in his youth.
He gets a good deal of stick from fans for not being an attcking winger, when in fact he's been asked to play a more defensive role.

However the idea that Solly coulf be put off his game by some negative comments by dickheads in the stadium, is utter tosh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can see us beating newcastle, going 3 clear of them, 6 clear of fulham, and lots of people talking as if it's job done, offering olive branches to potter outs, trolling john barnes, then we lose v man utd, everton and chelsea while Necastle and Fulham pick up points and close the gap and everyone starting to worry again.

Very likely. The premier league is tough.
However it's equally tough for all the struggling teams.

Although we have failed to beat Fulham, we were comfortably the better team.
The 3 extra points and extra games in a very similar run in, should be enough to see us finish ahead of them.
Big chance to put pressure on the Geordies and us, missed last night.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Not exactly obscure players either:

Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea & 10 England caps.
Lemina - 4 years in the EPL.
Lookman - Everton & Leipzig.
Areola - Ex-PSG & French caps.
Aina - Torino, England all age groups, then chose Nigeria.
Andersen - Sampdoria & Lyon.

Their 2020/21 wage bill will be high.

Interesting business model. Offload costs quickly if you get relegated but risk of not having continuity to get back up

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

A good number of our supporters just see him as the attacking left winger he was in his youth.
He gets a good deal of stick from fans for not being an attcking winger, when in fact he's been asked to play a more defensive role.

However the idea that Solly coulf be put off his game by some negative comments by dickheads in the stadium, is utter tosh.

I also think some of the crowd (maybe me included) have more confidence in Solly as an attacker than he does in himself. We've seen him go past players and score spectacular goals so get frustrated when he passes back rather than taking players on and having a go.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I also think some of the crowd (maybe me included) have more confidence in Solly as an attacker than he does in himself. We've seen him go past players and score spectacular goals so get frustrated when he passes back rather than taking players on and having a go.

Definitely.

Solly’s first time hit goal at Villa is a good example... was such a sweet strike. We know he’s capable of that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I seriously doubt any Premier League footballer has an issue with self-confidence.
I think it's more likely that Solly follows his manager's instructions to the letter.
I think it's more a lack of ego than confidence as such.

Hughton ingrained in him the idea that ball-retention was far more important than attacking forays.
If there aren't other players committing to the attack, then he just won't bother.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

My feeling is the collective sigh that comes from the crowd if a cross is over hit, or pass misplaced, is damaging to anyone's confidence, and my opinion is that Solly has benefitted from that not being present, and has been more consistent this season than any other, not just last season.
It has also been said in the past by senior players that some of the stuff he does in training is amazing, but we don't see that as often on matchday. I hope I am wrong and he is just as consistent when we are all back, or the run of form has shown him that he needs to work on maintaining confidence after a mistake, but either way, I don't think it is a ridiculous or far fetched opinion to have. However, believing his ability to put a decent cross in when he gets the chance, depending on how much defensive work he has to do, I do find a bit odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here