Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet says goodbye

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would be very happy as the fan at his next club, I think recent events will make Mr P an even better manager and drive him perhaps towards a "Leader and coach!"

Both parties, Club and Manager you would think have learnt from this.

I wish him well, he has done great thinks for Brighton and Hove Albion and arguably the best football I have seen us play in my lifetime!

:bowdown:

I hope it WAS Holloway. Anyone that clever to think of a way to gee his own team are up for a huge game against their most bitter rivals deserves to be managing a club at the top level. But realistically you know he isn't that devious.

Any chance you could stop posting on threads that have nothing to do with Palace?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Now that the dust has settled on an unsavoury chapter in the Albion's recent history, I'm glad that Gus has been given the opportunity to say thanks and goodbye to the players.

I wish Gus all the best for the future and will always remember him for taking the team as far as we've come, playing, in the main, quality, attractive football.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Any chance you could stop posting on threads that have nothing to do with Palace?

So if Ashley Barnes HAD scored and Albion HAD won (and probably lost against Watford) then Poyet's dismissal would have gone the same way? Dream on.

Poyet and Palace will be inextricably linked in the Albion folklore.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would be very happy as the fan at his next club, I think recent events will make Mr P an even better manager and drive him perhaps towards a "Leader and coach!"

Both parties, Club and Manager you would think have learnt from this.

I wish him well, he has done great thinks for Brighton and Hove Albion and arguably the best football I have seen us play in my lifetime!

:bowdown:

Poyet has certainly turned Albion into a Hispanic redoubt, no? you have to appoint a Spanish-speaking English assistant coach now to make Garcia's job tenable.
Ole!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saying goodbye to the players at a neutral venue may also imply he is not taking any further action against the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Poyet has certainly turned Albion into a Hispanic redoubt, no? you have to appoint a Spanish-speaking English assistant coach now to make Garcia's job tenable.
Ole!
Why would we have to appoint a Spanish speaking assistant head coach when Oscar speaks better English than Wurzel ? Ex Albion player Nathan Jones who just happens to be a fluent Spanish speaker having played in Spain is the natural replacement for Charlie Oatway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good to see he had the opportunity...door now closed

Whatever went on, I'm pleased he's been allowed to make this simple act of gratitude. Farewell and thank-you Gus

Goodbye Gus and thanks. He's probably had enough time to be pragmatic about it all now. I wish him well.

Glad he was given the opportunity.

Good luck to him, onwards and hopefully upwards for us.

I wish him the best of luck with his future career. He's certainly done a lot for this club. People have a tendency to focus on the negatives when they should really be celebrating the positives.

Cheers Gus!

all of these
cheers Gus and goodbye

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
A decent, perfectly normal gesture by Gus and the players who turned up to say goodbye. And, it would appear, with no objections from the Club.

Agreed this is a decent and normal thing to do under these kinds of circumstances.
But why would the club object anyway? Actually, how could it object? It's one thing to ban him from talking to colleagues when he's an employee under disciplinary proceedings, but once he's been sacked and his appeal rejected, he has nothing to do with the club and can talk to whoever he likes (if they want to talk to him).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would we have to appoint a Spanish speaking assistant head coach when Oscar speaks better English than Wurzel ? Ex Albion player Nathan Jones who just happens to be a fluent Spanish speaker having played in Spain is the natural replacement for Charlie Oatway.

Out of interest how fluent is Jones? He was only in Spain for a year, I think.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ole!

Unlike your new personnel who are all given Yokel Phrase Books so they are able to understand the tw@t. Oo arr, oo arr, oo arr.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am wondering what you think the club would have needed to learn from this incident?

Indeed, I dont have a clue like everyone else what has happened so who knows, just hope good comes out of this for all concerned.

:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Out of interest how fluent is Jones? He was only in Spain for a year, I think.

Was over there for a couple of years so I guess he is pretty fluent even more so if he spoke Welsh when growing up in the Valleys.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Wonder if Charlie was there too:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here