Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition - say no to 'B' teams league

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's vital to support this petition. Football is about local communities getting together to support their local club.

To suggest that a B Team league is the answer to England's problems is naive and disingenuous. I'd prefer not to have an England team at all, than to have this disgusting betrayal of any club that isn't 'big' enough. And I'm not alone in this, obviously. If the FA, or Greg Dyke, think that people will stick around when their local club is destroyed, or move on to support one of the big clubs, and I think he does think this, he, and they, are in for a rude awakening. The connection that we need to feel will be lost, and many will lose interest in the game altogether.

England are shit because the development of talent at a much younger age is shit - antiquated methods, a refusal to change, too much competition. A change like this will do nothing positive, but the negative repercussions could be enormous.

Add to the last bit the shit, outdated and overpriced facilities we have. I agree 100% with this, spot on. It's a truly disgusting idea IMO

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
27k signatures so far. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, please share and spread the word.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you see as a replacement then?...... anything?.... because 28% English players in the Prem is poor,.... half of that of home players in Germany.

No replacement needed - just an acceptance that England are crap and always will be. I'd rather have a strong league of 92 teams ( all individual ) and a crap England side than have a league where the rich and powerful clubs take over the lower leagues with their B teams all in the name of creating a strong England team.

Duly signed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Done. Even if we became an established Premier League team we should be sending the kids out on loan to lower league sides to develop them and not part of destroying football at grass roots level. How many would turn up to watch Brighton & Hove Albion "B" v Grimsby Town in League 3 at East Brighton Stadium on a Tuesday night in February ?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
No replacement needed - just an acceptance that England are crap and always will be. I'd rather have a strong league of 92 teams ( all individual ) and a crap England side than have a league where the rich and powerful clubs take over the lower leagues with their B teams all in the name of creating a strong England team.

Duly signed.

Exactly this, "B" teams are a terrible idea

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is there a petition to sign in support of the idea? I don't agree with it, but it is a model that works in Germany and Spain to a lesser extent, there must be support for it from some people.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Amazing,... [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] giving me a thumbs down for EVERY post I make,.... what a child. How about giving an opinion matey........ or does that stretch your keyboard warrior adventures a little too far?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Signed - incredible that it took Dyke and his cronies 84 pages to bring up this dross.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
8,000 pro coaches for kids compared to 40,000 in Germany is the issue they have laughably postponed decision on subject til the autumn
Affecting input into the 5th biggest league in the World, The Championship, is completely ludicrous
England, these days, qualify for all routines, back in 72 & 76 with 95%? 'Home grown' players playing on the top flight we failed to get to the Euros & 94 World Cup USA...How did that happen!?

Spot on.

Only 3 over seas players in a match day squad back then and we didn't get to the World Cup and were absolute pony at euro 92

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Done

Pie in the sky nonsense. Redistribute the Premierleague money and reduce the number of imported players. Concentrate on schools football and developing academies , not some Division 3 Guff.

Greg Dyke, please resign and go and water your ego elsewhere!

TNBA

TTF

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You clearly have not read the report.

There is no current exemption to EU Law and therefore the FA cannot obligate any club to field English players over any other EU citizen. A top placing PL club has no motivation to play anything other than the most successful team possible and with near unlimited funds they will quite happily buy up 11 foreign players that other clubs would be interested in for A team positions by paying stupidly high wages.

I really cannot see anything in the proposal other than a hugely ill thought out an naive straw grasping exercise.

If you can see a way to LEGALLY force a club to field English players than I'd be facininated to hear it, because I have seen nothing that allows this stupid proposal under current UK law.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Amazing,... @Husty giving me a thumbs down for EVERY post I make,.... what a child. How about giving an opinion matey........ or does that stretch your keyboard warrior adventures a little too far?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. :lolol:

:flounce:

How OLD are you? You claim to have KIDS? They're probably more mature than their dad.

I thumbsed up/down EVERYONE on this thread, only YOU has taken it personally.

Grow a pair you complete and utter jeb end :lolol:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuh12hraeq0wmmm/Screenshot 2014-05-10 13.30.52.png

You think that is upsetting me? No because unlike you I have a spine. :facepalm:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Grow a pair you complete and utter jeb end :lolol:

Jeb??? .... how 'street' of you.... I would suggest you took a few scrabble letters at random to dream up that one, but that would be a bit high brow for you I suspect..... duly put on ignore list.... see ya.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Jeb??? .... how 'street' of you.... I would suggest you took a few scrabble letters at random to dream up that one, but that would be a bit high brow for you I suspect..... duly put on ignore list.... see ya.

You wont be missed. :tosser:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Is there enough people that care enough about the England team?

Given the choice of ruining the football league and England being slightly better, most would take the league system.

This! I've been to 2 world cups and 2 European cups watching England but given the choice of destroying the hopes and futures of multiple lower league clubs, in order to maybe get to some WC semi-finals. I'd rather see the England team stumble to the quarters and the lower leagues prosper. I'd also like to know just how many non EU players there are in the lower leagues and conference, this constant UKIP style approach to the England team is bemusing, invest heavily in coaching in the lower leagues and stop blaming individuals based on their place of birth for our international crapness!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Done. Would ruin football. Dyke is a ****ing disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here