Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition - say no to 'B' teams league

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
England, these days, qualify for all routines, back in 72 & 76 with 95%? 'Home grown' players playing on the top flight we failed to get to the Euros & 94 World Cup USA...How did that happen!?
I expect back then Italy had fewer native players in their top league, but they did ok.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Signed. There are plenty of things right about German and Spanish football at the moment, but this isn't one of them.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Curious split in opinions.

I spoke with a fair few people about this yesterday, to a man, every fan of lower league clubs is vehemently opposed to it, and all the Chelsea, man U, Liverpool "fans" are pro.

If the Premiership really do believe that it will benefit youngsters to be playing against men in the lower leagues, then the simple answer is to encourage youngsters to be loaned to the lower league teams.

Maybe make rules that a player under the age of 21 should be loaned to a lower league team for absolute no cost. That sounds like a win win situation to me. B teams just have no benefit to the lower leagues.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Dyke should resign. Ill thought-out proposal, which should never have got this far.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The thing was, all the Premier fans who are pro are using the "It will develop the England team" line
I get the feeling that the reason it might not help the England team is because the big clubs that have a B team won't need to use English players. Also, effort going into this detracts from the real problem, which does appear to be a lack of professional coaches for young players.

Signed.

If the Premiership really do believe that it will benefit youngsters to be playing against men in the lower leagues, then the simple answer is to encourage youngsters to be loaned to the lower league teams.

Maybe make rules that a player under the age of 21 should be loaned to a lower league team for absolute no cost. That sounds like a win win situation to me. B teams just have no benefit to the lower leagues.

Ah yes, but they assure me it will be a level playing field, so if and when they win and get promoted it will be fair.

NO, NO it won't you muppets, your B teams will be training with some of the most gifted players in the world, using facilities the lower league teams could only dream of, being coached by coaches earning 1 to 2 hundred grand a year not training on pitches suitable for Sunday league etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The problem with that is that not many lower league teams are playing the same style of football as the top clubs. Just like we want our new training facility to be used to coach players in the same style as our first team, so would the top clubs want their style used for all players. So I do see the benefit of the idea for young players. The problems are that those young players don't need to be English, and also the cost to lower league sides.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ah yes, but they assure me it will be a level playing field, so if and when they win and get promoted it will be fair.

NO, NO it won't you muppets, your B teams will be training with some of the most gifted players in the world, using facilities the lower league teams could only dream of, being coached by coaches earning 1 to 2 hundred grand a year not training on pitches suitable for Sunday league etc.

100% agree. It's about time some of the Premiership money started really filtering down to lower leagues. Allowing the youngsters of the Premiership go to lower league for absolute 0 cost is a start and a win win, in my opinion.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The problem with that is that not many lower league teams are playing the same style of football as the top clubs. Just like we want our new training facility to be used to coach players in the same style as our first team, so would the top clubs want their style used for all players. So I do see the benefit of the idea for young players. The problems are that those young players don't need to be English, and also the cost to lower league sides.
I'm sure the styles aren't unique to the Premiership. If they look close enough they will see some styles similar lower down the league, just not as good.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Latest update

Email received in the last few minutes:

Hi guys,

First of all I cannot thank you enough for all of your support since this petition was created just 3 days ago. As we approach an incredible 30,000 signatures I just wanted to give a quick update on the campaign.

We have a fully up and running website www.againstleague3.co.uk where we are keeping everybody fully up to date on everything we are doing. You can also follow us on twitter at @againstleague3.

Also, we are looking for fans of clubs from clubs who still have games remaining this season (ideally play-off teams or people going to England games) to get in contact and create banners. Anybody who does will be featured on our website. We are also looking for these fans to lead chants against the proposals in the 3rd and 33rd minutes of their games.

Together we can make a real difference, thanks very much for all the continued support you have given us.

Lewis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here