Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Haven't bothered to fact-check this, but I chuckled at someone's claim on Xitter that San Marino have won more games than Crystal Palace this season.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Obviously its great to watch Palace struggling so much, but in all honesty would probably have preferred a draw last night to keep Forest out of our way

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So, eight games in, and one team has five times more points than the other. Nice and neat mathematically.
Still, at least when they somehow scrape 40 points and stay up well have managed 200 and be champions

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Obviously its great to watch Palace struggling so much, but in all honesty would probably have preferred a draw last night to keep Forest out of our way
Too early in the season to worry about our competition.

We're one of 11 teams who have made a decent start.
In reality we are only 6 pts clear of Leicester in 14th. Lose to them and they become our competition too.

Enjoy the Palace meltdown whilst it lasts.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Some good-for-a-chuckle oneliners from the BBS:

On to Spurs….but we all, deep down, know we’ll be lucky to get away with a 3-0 loss.

Monday night football: why **** up your weekend when you can **** up your whole week?

I feel absolutely without hope this morning with regards to Palace.

I've been watching a long time. I've seen it all before. But that doesn't stop me feeling pretty sick this morning. I shouldn't take it to heart, but I'm devistated.
Probably the realisation that this is the season that should have delivered so much, and yet looks like could end in disaster.

I don't think it's impossible he (Glasner) goes before the weekend. That performance was beyond concerning

Oliver’s Army is here to……..oh ..maybe not .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Forest have an outstanding defence. An away win against Liverpool and a draw with Chelsea tells you that.

But in my opinion, they’ll struggle to beat us at their place based on their performance against Palace. They play the low block and break very well indeed but at home, when they have to take the initiative, it does not look great. They’ll get found out soon enough.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Some good-for-a-chuckle oneliners from the BBS:

On to Spurs….but we all, deep down, know we’ll be lucky to get away with a 3-0 loss.

Monday night football: why **** up your weekend when you can **** up your whole week?

I feel absolutely without hope this morning with regards to Palace.

I've been watching a long time. I've seen it all before. But that doesn't stop me feeling pretty sick this morning. I shouldn't take it to heart, but I'm devistated.
Probably the realisation that this is the season that should have delivered so much, and yet looks like could end in disaster.

I don't think it's impossible he (Glasner) goes before the weekend. That performance was beyond concerning

Oliver’s Army is here to……..oh ..maybe not .

IMG_5975.jpeg

This quote you found makes me feel a little sorry for our neighbours. Only a little mind.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Forest have an outstanding defence. An away win against Liverpool and a draw with Chelsea tells you that.

But in my opinion, they’ll struggle to beat us at their place based on their performance against Palace. They play the low block and break very well indeed but at home, when they have to take the initiative, it does not look great. They’ll get found out soon enough.
It's why I don't look at the dropped points vs Forest at home as such a bad result as some do. Forest are, frankly, excellent away from home. They set up defensively and have a genuine threat on the break. At home, they are absolute dross, though. Palace not losing there is probably quite alarming (for them) as that's Forest's first home win since April 2nd in the PL and only their third all year

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What this one? https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5489598/2024/05/13/bayern-oliver-glasner/

The one they refused £15m from Bayern for?
The one they rated at £85m??

Surely not??

"As first reported by German news outlet Bild, Bayern were proposing an €18 million (£15.5m) compensation package for the 49-year-old but Palace have no interest in letting him leave, valuing him at closer to €100m (£86m)."

€100m!!!!

Chelsea paid under £20m for Potter, and I think that was a record, but Palace think his value is £86m :ROFLMAO:

If they keep going the way they are, he will be worth £86m to the team that finish 17th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here