Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Albion chants

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Sunshine on a Wayney Gray, makes my ....
Gip, Gip, Gip, Gip, Gippy, score a little goal for me.
Became
Wood, Wood, Wood, Wood, Woody, score a little goal for me
Oh he hadn't scored a goal since Southend, then he got one at City
So, Wood .....
One man went to burn, went to burn down selhurst
One man and his petrol bomb went to burn down selhurst.
I'm no knock kneed chicken or a bow legged hen ....
My old man said be a Palace fan, I said f.....
You're too ugly to be gay
We're f***ing brilliant, we're f***ing brilliant....
Just some of the old faves I've raised my daughter's on.
Then there's to the tune of yellow submarine - At number One is Peter Ward, at number two is Peter...
I assume we no longer sing this because it could be argued most of the team are better than Peter Ward now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember once signing 'If you are all going to Newcastle...' in the north stand and about eight people joined in. Then someone else shouted 'Shut up', clearly miffed that they weren't joining our Tyneside suffering.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From the Goldstone days there was a period when second half last twenty minutes of every game “Attack Attack- attack attack attack “ over and over used to make the hairs on my head rise when the north stand started and it appeared to make the team really go for it
in fairness it is a lot better than "pass sideways, pass sideways, pass sideways, pass sideways, pass back, pass sideways, pass sideways"

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I remember once signing 'If you are all going to Newcastle...' in the north stand and about eight people joined in. Then someone else shouted 'Shut up', clearly miffed that they weren't joining our Tyneside suffering.
Indeed, and you weren’t allowed to lie, it genuinely was a roll call. Very loud clapping when it was Oxford, barely a ripple for Carlisle 🤣

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Quite odd that you hardly hear it at the Amex anymore. Yet it’s one that even non-singers will happily join in.
I've always been incredibly cloth-eared about all the songs and chants, but then also cloth-eared in loud pubs, gigs, etc., but it does mean I don't catch many of the actual words. Simple chants are therefore great for me as I can join in without mumbling or going "der der deeeer" or whatever. The simple ones do tend to get a lot more take-up generally...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed, and you weren’t allowed to lie, it genuinely was a roll call. Very loud clapping when it was Oxford, barely a ripple for Carlisle 🤣
Oh yes, if someone was telling porkies we would pretty much know. There were so few long haul awayers that we knew each other.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Origin of...up the Shoreham road to see the Brighton Aces??
1729238605218.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here