Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Oh dear. I heard the Brewey Tap in North Road is up for sale. Already.
The rent's a very steep looking £40k however it is, of course, free of tie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh dear. I heard the Brewey Tap in North Road is up for sale. Already.
The rent's a very steep looking £40k however it is, of course, free of tie.

I'm not overly surprised. It started off really well and then diversified and went down-hill rapidly. It tried to be too many things to too many different people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The 9.5% stout in Craft at the mo is beautiful.

What's the brewery? I'm off to the un-tapping of a new Chinook lager tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not overly surprised. It started off really well and then diversified and went down-hill rapidly. It tried to be too many things to too many different people.

And trying to pass off San Miquel as craft is a piss take. Given they had "San Miquel (Spain)" on the chalk board maybe it was.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As well as Craft Beers in the States we now have a new breed of beers called 'Artisanal', cant see what the difference is apart from about $3 a 6 pack. Definitely getting a bit poncey.

I've seen a few movies in my time that back up that theory! :whistle:

Edit: beaten to it lower down the thread!
The term 'artisanal' would make an interesting hashtag.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ordered any of the Alice Porter or Mashtag from Brewdog yet ?

Not yet. I took a delivery a week ago with contained the recent Imperial stout from the Abstrakt series, the IPA's Not Dead Series, Libertine Black Ale, Hardcore IPA, Dead Pony plus a bunch of Flying Dog beers including the wonderful Atlantic lager.

Wife is going out now so I'm going to make a start on the IPA's Not Dead :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's insane. Had to Google to see if you were losing your mind. Hope you haven't btw after drinking it.

Where do you drink it?

Their Tactical Nuclear Penguin is even stronger!

You can buy it in all the Brewdog bars I have been in.

DanielT

I tried this at a place called Monk's Bar in Stockholm. They have one for beer, one for wine and one for whisky. You're given a menu and select by country. This is Dutch. Very liquoricey, chocolatey, silky, lovelyness! The bottle top was coated in a wax seal

20130601_210633.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not yet. I took a delivery a week ago with contained the recent Imperial stout from the Abstrakt series, the IPA's Not Dead Series, Libertine Black Ale, Hardcore IPA, Dead Pony plus a bunch of Flying Dog beers including the wonderful Atlantic lager.

Wife is going out now so I'm going to make a start on the IPA's Not Dead :thumbsup:

I was really disappointed with the latest IPA is Dead, maybe just me. The Alice Porter is fantastic, probably my fave Brewdog beer for a while!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was really disappointed with the latest IPA is Dead, maybe just me. The Alice Porter is fantastic, probably my fave Brewdog beer for a while!

Hmmmm. Only drunk two so far. The Goldings was alright, nothing special though, but the El Dorado was poor; it didn't have a lot of flavour and tasted a bit weak/watery. But the first series was brilliant and you can normally rely on Brewdog IPAs to deliver. I will add Alice Porter to my next purchase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tried this at a place called Monk's Bar in Stockholm. They have one for beer, one for wine and one for whisky. You're given a menu and select by country. This is Dutch. Very liquoricey, chocolatey, silky, lovelyness! The bottle top was coated in a wax seal

View attachment 43398

As I love Imperial Porters I will look out for this. Sounds great.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here