Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Retro games consoles

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
After coming across an unboxed Mega Drive 2 with controller and leads for £2 at a carboot sale, and latterly watching the entire Angry Video Game Nerd library, I've developed an interest in retro games systems. In fact, in the past fortnight from carboot sales and ebay I've got absolutely loads.

Does anyone have any old/unwanted games or game systems (NES, SNES, Master System, Game Gear, 3DO, Jaguar etc etc) or accessories or games for any systems they'd consider selling? Will also consider untested/not working machines sold for parts!

As a side topic - what was your favourite game and system and why? It can be commodore 64, atari st, anything you like!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sensible soccer was great. As was Kick Off 2. And Supercars.

Agree - but Sensible World of Soccer 96-97 is the true classic in the series - apparently you can get it on XBox Live Arcade - bit too modern for me though!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;3588951 said:
I have a decent Game Boy collection if you're interested in any of it. For some reason as a child I wasn't satisfied until I had the latest model, so I have the original, miniature, colour and advance versions of it. Also camera and printer accessories to go with it, which in retrospect is quite bizarre.

PM sent! :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
c64pic.jpg

slicks_04.gif

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yeah I have a few of them knocking about if you'd like one.

Beauty part is that if you can find the right websites (nudge nudge wink wink) you can download the games and burn them onto ordinary cd roms!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Sensible world of soccer, super sprint, Decathlon, Super bomberman and Micro Machines kept my mates and I busy

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah I have a few of them knocking about if you'd like one.

Beauty part is that if you can find the right websites (nudge nudge wink wink) you can download the games and burn them onto ordinary cd roms!

I've already got a machine, gun and two controllers and a dozen games. Mainly after games and accessories if you have any? :guitar:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If anyone has a sega saturn with duke nukem and managed to unlock the bonus multiplayer game DEATH TANK ZWEI dig it out and play it now, it was f***ing immense especially drunk with a load of mates.

There's a website about it here with a link to the theme song!;

Death Tank/Zwei

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've already got a machine, gun and two controllers and a dozen games. Mainly after games and accessories if you have any? :guitar:

I've got a couple of guns but I wanna keep them for House of the Dead 2 really.

Did have a couple of arcade sticks too but then I saw how rare they were and made almost a ton selling them on ebay!

I'm afraid I sold most of my boxed games too, except for both Shenmues, House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxis 1 & 2, Eighteen Wheeler, Sega Extreme Sports and Sonic Adventure which I'm holding on to for posterity. In fact both the Shenmue games seem to be worth more now than they were when they came out.

Your best bet is to set up alerts on ebay every time something new gets listed that you're after.

I need to dig out my Saturn too, for some Knights into Dreams action complete with 3d controller!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I loved my Amiga 500 with New Zealand Story, FA18 Interceptor, Sensible Soccerand Jaguar XJ200.

I probably had the most fun playing Golden Axe on a master sytem? with friends.

My favourite game though has to be Revenge of the Mutant Camels, a camel and a sheep shooting lasers, Jeff Minter was some kind of crazy genius.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper
Champ Mans
Mazza Kart
Deus Ex

Going back further:

Alex the Kidd
StarFox
Sensible Soccer
Out Run
Cool Spot
Desert Strike

Anyone remember the frankly INSANE Blam! Machinehead? What an odd atmosphere that game had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here