Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Retro games consoles

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've got a couple of guns but I wanna keep them for House of the Dead 2 really.

Did have a couple of arcade sticks too but then I saw how rare they were and made almost a ton selling them on ebay!

I'm afraid I sold most of my boxed games too, except for both Shenmues, House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxis 1 & 2, Eighteen Wheeler, Sega Extreme Sports and Sonic Adventure which I'm holding on to for posterity. In fact both the Shenmue games seem to be worth more now than they were when they came out.

Your best bet is to set up alerts on ebay every time something new gets listed that you're after.

I need to dig out my Saturn too, for some Knights into Dreams action complete with 3d controller!

I'll take both Shenmues off you for a fiver :wink:

Nah, I've already got them, one set for playing, the other sealed in mint condition - and obviously a copy of the full orchestral soundtrack (£5.99 from a games shop in Castleford :shrug: )

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NiGHTS on Saturn was an effin amazing, original game. Loved it and all the extras, Christmas version and everything.

Also Sonic Adventure II Battle was great for extras, the whole Chaos stuff etc.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper
Champ Mans
Mazza Kart
Deus Ex

Going back further:

Alex the Kidd
StarFox
Sensible Soccer
Out Run
Cool Spot
Desert Strike

Anyone remember the frankly INSANE Blam! Machinehead? What an odd atmosphere that game had.

Deus Ex is surely the greatest game of all time.

47782-152954-DeusEx1jpeg-noscale.jpg

But I wouldn't say it was retro.. yet! Then you'd have to say Unreal is.. and I can't accept that!

On a side note, Theme Park on the Sega Mega CD is one of the rarest PAL titles on any system; and incredibly there is one on e-bay;

THEME PARK SEGA MEGA CD RARE GAME COMPLETE on eBay (end time 26-Jul-10 14:26:35 BST)

(£149.99 + £7.00 P&P if you can't be arsed to look)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK well let's not call Deus Ex "retro" yet, certainly legendary though. WHAT a game. Now going to be tempted to start over on it YET again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm holding onto my Saturn until they're rare (ie another 20 years probably). Some of the games already sell for a reasonable amount.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
jcdenton08 - a massive kudos for your avatar btw , Broken Sword 1 & 2 where fantastic games back in the day

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is it looking more like staying true to the gameplay style of the original? After the first game was so good I was a bit 'meh' about Deus Ex 2.

Things like dumbing down are all being corrected. No universal ammo any more etc - and no more Alex frickin' D.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
jcdenton08 - a massive kudos for your avatar btw , Broken Sword 1 & 2 where fantastic games back in the day

Why thank you sir, massive kudos to you for yours also. Always nice to see a dirty slut getting it.

Sorry if that is your bird.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Remember Flowers of Crystal?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And a BBC game of the film Kes!

denton - having read that wiki, new Deus Ex is already sounding much better. My anticipation has upped a couple of notches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here