Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Retro games consoles

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Going back further:

Cool Spot

Bloody hell I had forgot about Cool Spot!

cool_spot.jpg

:clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ive got a boxed megadrive 1.Landstalker was a bloody amazing game on that.still have that too.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I loved my Dreamcast and still dig it out occasionally to play Shenmue 1 & 2.

Been playing Theme Hospital and Broken Sword recently too

My mum threw away my SNES and N64 when I went to uni :tantrum: but I am tempted to buy them again though as I have a craving to play Mario Paint and Diddy Kong racing.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Another shameless bump - is anybody else selling games/systems?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A shameless bump here;

Anyone selling an NES, SNES or any accessories/games for older systems?

Thanks!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
get hold of MAME and SNES Emulator.......Zelda: A Link to the Past.......best game ever.......factamondo.....rainbow islands and R-Tyep on MAME rock too :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Went to a random open talk about the BBC Micro a few months ago, it was fascinating. Few blokes there who devised the "Doomsday Project" - anyone remember that ?

They effectively invented the idea of Google Street View - but didn't realise it at the time. They trawled round a village with a 35mm camera on the back of a van taking loads of photos. They then linked them to map.

Couldn't work out how to store this information in the computers small memory, so contacted a clever man who worked it out.

It was Dr Martin Porter, the inventor of the "Porter Stemming" algorithm, for anyone interested in linguistics.

Anyone interested in retro 80s computers should watch the BBC Four Comedy Drama "Micro Men", brilliant.

It's about the race between Acorn and Sinclair to get the contract to build the BBC Micro. It's Manic Miner Tastic.

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I had a Spectrum 48k, with <gasp..> Quickshot2 joystick..

Oh the fun of loading games for it to keel over after 10 minutes. :lol:

I bought a SNES a couple of years ago and searched out Super Mario Karts and Rock and Roll Racing to go with it. Very rarely comes out now, but maybe my little boys will grow into it, or am i doomed into buying the next PS v15 or similar..?!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
elite_poster.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here