Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Cloughes comments tonight.....

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If we had gone chasing Brighton today they would have ripped us to ribbons with the quality they have.

Interesting...

Discuss.....

Seems to me that opposing managers are flattering gus into a false sense of security once they have sussed out how to beat us or hold us to a draw

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bridge and Bruno are unquestionably very high quality. Less sure about the rest.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Seems to me that opposing managers are flattering gus into a false sense of security once they have sussed out how to beat us or hold us to a draw

How can they be flattering gus? They changed there formation to DEFEND at home. That to me is a compliment on how far this football club has come when teams can not play their normal way because the opposition offers too much of a threat.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Can you provide a link to Nigel Cloughs comments?
I am unsure if its him or the situation Derby are in that is making him an uninspiring person.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bridge and Bruno are unquestionably very high quality. Less sure about the rest.

I can't wait for Winifred , Parr and Muzza to get their comeuppances against Bruno and Bridge.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we had gone chasing Brighton today they would have ripped us to ribbons with the quality they have.

Interesting...

Discuss.....

Tipped off by the Barnsley Manager. OTT ? If the Barnsley keeper had not dropped the ball for the first goal, we might have fired blanks?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How can they be flattering gus? They changed there formation to DEFEND at home. That to me is a compliment on how far this football club has come when teams can not play their normal way because the opposition offers too much of a threat.
It is a compliment. A very big compliment when a team changes their formation to defend at home. But its just a big as worry, is we are incapable of changing the way we play to counter this. So you'll be happy losing and drawing to bottom three sides at home, and drawing away because teams change the way they play against us and compliment us? Fair play. I'd rather win games personally, but each to their own.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is a compliment. A very big compliment when a team changes their formation to defend at home. But its just a big as worry, is we are incapable of changing the way we play to counter this. So you'll be happy losing and drawing to bottom three sides at home, and drawing away because teams change the way they play against us and compliment us? Fair play. I'd rather win games personally, but each to their own.

Change the record you boring old bat. :albion2:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

if you read it in context, the reason he didnt want to chase brighton was because he felt they were knackered out from previous encounters, and we would have done them for fitness with the quality we have. It doesnt mean he thinks were better than them.

Nice to see a " See how far we've come" in your post too. Always a favourite.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Give it time and we will learn how to counter this. You've been around long enough to know that even the bottom three teams in this league are very good.

You'll also appreciate that five years ago we would have been delighted with a draw away at Derby and being fifth in the Championship, I know we still want to aim high but I think patience and support is the key for the time being we've come a long way very fast and it is natural and good to consolidate abit before kicking on.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Give it time and we will learn how to counter this. You've been around long enough to know that even the bottom three teams in this league are very good.

You'll also appreciate that five years ago we would have been delighted with a draw away at Derby and being fifth in the Championship, I know we still want to aim high but I think patience and support is the key for the time being we've come a long way very fast and it is natural and good to consolidate abit before kicking on.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

I'd take 5th place only losing 2 out of the 10 in our 2nd season back in the championship. We have players to come back and we continue to play our style of football.

If we had a fully fit squad for our last two home games iam positive we would have won.

Remind me of your point after 20 games as in your theory we will only pick up a hand full of points won't we, 5 points away from home and what maybe 6 at home? Is this a fair assumption of what you are saying?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought we coped well today and dictated the game but neither Dobbie nor Barnes were able to hold the ball and both were knocked off the ball very easily.

We need a big aggressive striker with presence in the box and with the ability to hold the ball up and be strong enough not to be dispossessed as easily as our strikers are. Even when CMS is fit we will need this type of player.

We were not about to tear anyone apart today IMO, I'm just grateful Derby didn't step it up until the last 10 mins.

I suggest Clough is covering for his own miscalculation, we really did not look that threatening imo

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you had told me 18 months ago that the table would read Brighton in 5th place above Blackburn, Bolton, Boro & Forest, I would have said I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.
We've lost 2 games in 10, kept a clean sheet away from home and have a good goal difference. The way some of the miserabilists are posting you'd think we're never going to win another game this side of Christmas. Don't you just love fickle fans?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
if you read it in context, the reason he didnt want to chase brighton was because he felt they were knackered out from previous encounters, and we would have done them for fitness with the quality we have. It doesnt mean he thinks were better than them.

Nice to see a " See how far we've come" in your post too. Always a favourite.

No you are right he does mention previous games as mentioned above. We do need to improve and we njust aren't good enough. We need to really sort out things urgently all very negative at this club at the moment. Not like this at chelsea.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Teams that go at us will be ripped to shreds. I think it shows how far we have come? Probably the most feared team in the Championship. Let's live with it and learn to beat these teams, in maybe a slightly different way?

Still looking good though, apart from the Sarf Lundun Sewage Works Sunday League Div 6A team above us. Normal service will be resumed very soon, of that I am sure.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here