Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season's shirt sponsors are...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Please not Hollister.

Also, I am sure Amex are preparing to cut around 5,000 jobs. Not sure it would be in the best position to stump up a shed load of cash to sponsor our kit.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
American Express is still quite a long name, they won't want AMEX across the shirt (abbreviated) I'm sure.

Also as someone else has said, with so many redundancies going on there at the moment it's massively unlikely they will commit furhter funding to the club, friends who work there said it will not happen and the stadium is our lot, 15,000 redundancies & then bunging your local footie club a few £million won't go down very well commercially either.

- - - Updated - - -

American Express is still quite a long name, they won't want AMEX across the shirt (abbreviated) I'm sure.

Also as someone else has said, with so many redundancies going on there at the moment it's massively unlikely they will commit furhter funding to the club, friends who work there said it will not happen and the stadium is our lot, 15,000 redundancies & then bunging your local footie club a few £million won't go down very well commercially either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Different pots of money isn't it... Besides, its a massive marketing opportunity for any company and Amex want to increase their share of cardholders in the UK. Sponsoring a footy team should indrectly bring in more revenue.

Personally, if Amex do do it I'd be quite happy with that and it would likely be their "Blue Box" logo rather that just the American Express writing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Why would they put their 'name' there?

Convention dictates they'd put their logo there, which is either rectangular or square.

It's 5,400 jobs - and it's spread across the world, mostly in the travel sectors.

BBC News - American Express cuts 5,400 jobs

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I love the posts that say it won't happen 'because Janet from the call centre is being made redundant' As if Multinational companies think that way

Oh and Brighton and Hove jobs is our most mickey mouse sponsors since NOBO. Good riddance.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I love the posts that say it won't happen 'because Janet from the call centre is being made redundant' As if Multinational companies think that way

Oh and Brighton and Hove jobs is our most mickey mouse sponsors since NOBO. Good riddance.

Erm, aren't you forgetting ITS? 1st IT, TITS or whatever they were called?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

And Championship shirt sponsorship deals are not £m per annum, unless it is FFP jiggery pokery as at Cardiff or Leicester.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Donatello 1998 was a pretty sad state of affairs, but much appreciated at the time.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In what way are they Mickey Mouse?

VACANCY : 1 X Job in a high pressure business environment. Will suit young up and coming business talent. This exciting opportunity involves issuing state of the art wooden canes to young contestants who will try and 'hook a duck' Prize everytime. The applicant must have the ability to inform customers that the duck with the big prize 'is in thier somewhere' even though you have more chance of finding Youtube footage of a Billy Paynter goal in a Brighton shirt. Location Pier. Palace. Next to the Crepe stand.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
HastingsSeagull;5511710[B said:
]You'd think even Gully could get them to sponsor the shirt, let alone Paul Barber[/B]. Would rate them 75%+ favourites anyway. Could be true, could be bullshit, could be a complete guess.......... but either way expect that will be right. Hope they dish out some good money though as those shirts are EVERYWHERE these days!

Gully probably could and even you might be able to but it's the amount that counts; I'm sure Barber will achieve a pound or two more than most.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
VACANCY : 1 X Job in a high pressure business environment. Will suit young up and coming business talent. This exciting opportunity involves issuing state of the art wooden canes to young contestants who will try and 'hook a duck' Prize everytime. The applicant must have the ability to inform customers that the duck with the big prize 'is in thier somewhere' even though you have more chance of finding Youtube footage of a Billy Paynter goal in a Brighton shirt. Location Pier. Palace. Next to the Crepe stand.

You've gone on a long cerebral journey and put a lot of thought into this, haven't you?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Donatello 1998 was a pretty sad state of affairs, but much appreciated at the time.

I liked Donatello. We were in one of the pubs near the station when my then girlfriend, now wife, enquired whom Donatello's were. We tried to convince her that we were in fact sponsored by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Sensing a wind up she asked a stranger if this was indeed the case to which he responded 'Yes love, It's a shame my mates in the pisser because he has got Michael Angelo on his shirt'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here