Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Napoli interested in Billy Gilmour **Sold 30/08/24**

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
He and McTominay only just joined at the end of September. Juventus was the first game they were there for so there has only been a total of 4 games, one of which he played 90 minutes.

It’s a bit early to be writing his career obituary just yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He and McTominay only just joined at the end of September. Juventus was the first game they were there for so there has only been a total of 4 games, one of which he played 90 minutes.

It’s a bit early to be writing his career obituary just yet.

August?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You can say ‘we’ all you want which was obviously part of your agreement to come back to nsc, but your posts like this are still absolutely mental and antagonistic. Clueless.
Bla bla bla.

I'm very open minded about a discussion on if any Brighton players would get into the Napoli team. Lets do that instead. Whats your take?

I'd say Napoli has world class starters in every position except goalkeeper and striker, although Lukaku is a very, very good player that even our Welbeck would struggle to outcompete.

While they struggled last season, most of the current Napoli team walked the Serie A home two years ago. We just don't have a lot, if any, of players who can start in a team like that :shrug:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Bla bla bla.

I'm very open minded about a discussion on if any Brighton players would get into the Napoli team. Lets do that instead. Whats your take?

I'd say Napoli has world class starters in every position except goalkeeper and striker, although Lukaku is a very, very good player that even our Welbeck would struggle to outcompete.

While they struggled last season, most of the current Napoli team walked the Serie A home two years ago. We just don't have a lot, if any, of players who can start in a team like that :shrug:
My take is Napoli came 10th in a worse league than the prem last season. My take is they aren’t much better than us in the pitch, if at all. I don’t know much about their team as foreign football isn’t for me, but id guess we’d have a few players who would get in their team regularly. Bla bla 🙌

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
My take is Napoli came 10th in a worse league than the prem last season. My take is they aren’t much better than us in the pitch, if at all. I don’t know much about their team as foreign football isn’t for me, but id guess we’d have a few players who would get in their team regularly. Bla bla 🙌
Yeah they had a real shitty season, no denying. Some sort of hangover from winning their first Serie A title in many many years. They also had a fair bit of injuries and their depth isn't like that of in a big English or Spanish team.

Player by player its a brilliant team though.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Yeah they had a real shitty season, no denying. Some sort of hangover from winning their first Serie A title in many many years. They also had a fair bit of injuries and their depth isn't like that of in a big English or Spanish team.

Player by player its a brilliant team though.
It may well be. But to suggest there is no Albion player who would get into their team is silly I’m sure. Gilmour is playing for them off the bench and certainly wasn’t one of our top 5 players etc .

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It may well be. But to suggest there is no Albion player who would get into their team is silly I’m sure. Gilmour is playing for them off the bench and certainly wasn’t one of our top 5 players etc .
Someone suggested Bart and I think its a good call. Maybe van Hecke could challenge Rrahmani. JP vs McTominay is an interesting one since it took Napoli five minutes to discover what United couldn't find out in 22 years of having around: the lad is not a defensive midfielder or striker, he's an attacking midfielder.

If Mitoma could play RW or really any other position than licking the sideline on the left wing, he'd challenge Politano on the right. But he can't move Kvaratskhelia (who is among the best players in the world) on the left.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Someone suggested Bart and I think its a good call. Maybe van Hecke could challenge Rrahmani. JP vs McTominay is an interesting one since it took Napoli five minutes to discover what United couldn't find out in 22 years of having around: the lad is not a defensive midfielder or striker, he's an attacking midfielder.

If Mitoma could play RW or really any other position than licking the sideline on the left wing, he'd challenge Politano on the right. But he can't move Kvaratskhelia (who is among the best players in the world) on the left.
And it’s the odd comments like ‘llicking the sideline on the left wing’ about our best player that will get people’s backs up with you fella 🤣

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
And it’s the odd comments like ‘llicking the sideline on the left wing’ about our best player that will get people’s backs up with you fella 🤣
Well "slicka sidlinjen" is an expression in Swedish referring to a winger who prefers to stay wide most of the time, which is the case with Mitoma when he doesn't have the ball.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
...They are bigger and better and imho we don't have one single player who would get into their starting lineup.

You can say ‘we’ all you want which was obviously part of your agreement to come back to nsc, but your posts like this are still absolutely mental and antagonistic. Clueless.

... I don’t know much about their team as foreign football isn’t for me, ...
:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Serie A is the second strongest league in Europe according to UEFA club coefficients. Napoli have finished in the top 3, and have actually won the title, in the past 10 years more often than not. My take, backed up with some facts , is quite different to yours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quote a few of those. A Brighton fan talking down Napoli would be embarrassing
It’s all here, scroll back and prepare to be embarrassed.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Well, he has got a degree in it, so who are we to argue?
Nah I'm happy. I wouldn't want him to play in a different way. I also don't think he's able to play in a different way, it looks exactly the same when he's playing for Japan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Probably futile arguing with you if one does not 'know' Italian footballs, since you seem to study the European leagues in some detail.

Here is Napoli's most recent starting eleven.

1728815398556.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here